Synopsis

The day Zoe Verine Cervantes was welcomed to the world, was also the day the couple felt a mixture of joy and worry. They knew that the life waiting for their child was not going to be easy, knowing the reputation that they unexpectedly had among the people in the city. But they knew that whatever was going to happen, they would always be there for their daughter.

Zoe's school life was spent at Dodici University of the Philippines. Her parents trusted the university as they also experienced studying at that institution. And as if history is plotting to repeat itself, the identity that Zoe's mom had built was now what Zoe is also building. However, she wasn't one of the popular ones as she doesn't identify herself as one. She knows that she's still an ordinary student who's now getting more confused as the days go by.

The academic year was currently going smoothly for her, but as break came by, the thought of having to take entrance examinations for college had dawned on the girl. Many keep on telling her that she'll be able to do well, but she doesn't listen. Having two successful and well-known parents was not easy to handle, and coming from such a popular family was also difficult. Plus the fact that as her elementary and junior high school years went by, she met and lost friends that she thought would always be there for her due to misunderstandings which one side did not want to solve. Now that she's in her last year of senior high school, she has unconsciously built a lock around one part of her that she doesn't want to abruptly reveal to just about anyone.

As time goes by, she meets a peculiar student whom she hasn't talked to before, even though she has this impression that she's a social butterfly and doesn't find it hard to talk to strangers. Their first accidental interaction leads to an unexpected friendship which doesn't go beyond that at first, but with something accidental once again, one suddenly finds the other a bit more attractive than usual.

The month of opening of college admissions finally arrives, and this tests the friendship that Zoe has built with not just the student at the empty classroom, but the classmates who decided to approach her out of the blue. The day also comes that Zoe has to have this talk with her parents regarding her course, which brings back the almost unbearable stress and pressure. Particularly because the course she wants is way different than what her parents took, and that's related to communication.

The only heiress of the Cervantes family finally gets the reassurance she's been longing for and the support that's been absent in her life. And finally, finds herself smiling more than the days she's crying, laughing more than the days she's screaming because of helplessness.

However, the former soon finds it difficult to find her way out of this maze as she finds out about many more complications that she did not expect to encounter. And suddenly, she feels all alone once again as a rumor breaks out and spreads like wildfire, destroying what she thought was already stable.

Although she has shed so much tears, she still manages to get through those and is able to find herself ready to cross the one bridge left before she goes to the other side, the place that will be so new to her in every way. On the bright side, Zoe was able to cross that one bridge she's been very nervous about, but not with a smile on her lips but with a waterfall from her eyes dropping down to the grass as realizations cross her mind about wrong decisions and sadness filling her system as she needed to bid goodbye and walk away.