Chapter 1

1 month of college is certainly a hectic experience. From the very first day, homework is immediately piled upon students. Hours and hours of lectures are set in place, but even then their schedule is constantly unstable. Students never know if their professor would be present and sometimes their lectures just happen in surprise.

Even now, when classes are over, students are still working on their assignments. Although some have completely given up and are just lazily lying down, relaxing in their little world as piles of work are set aside on their tables. A good example of these two dynamics can be seen in dorm room 209.

"Clarify on this. This one as well." Lia sits on their dormitory's table as she leans over Kirsten's paper, calling out the parts that need improving. Kirsten grabs her paper and reads through the fault that Lia mentioned and just furrows at this. "And how am I supposed to do that?" sass apparent in her tone.

Lia just sighs and scoots closer before taking the paper from Kirsten's hands and gently placing it down the table. She points at the paragraph and hardens the tone of her voice, enunciating her words in hopes of getting her point across "Everything you wrote here is just filled with flowery words. Just be straight to the point."

Pushing herself up with the extended finger, she crosses her arms as she watches Kirsten reread the paragraph. Her expression morphs into one of confusion before turning to look at Lia "Then what about my word count?"

Lia groans as she drops her head back. It took a surprising amount of willpower within her to not just grab her paper and revise it for her, but a sadistic part within her tells her not to and just sit back, and watch the girl struggle to revise her essay. Snapping her head forward to look at the confused lad who she's been trying to help for the past 15 minutes or so, and looks at her with a gaze heavy with irritation. "Girl, how many times have I told you? Your topic has more than enough things to talk about to fill your 1,000-word essay, Kirsten. You don't need flowery words." She reprimands, again.

Kirsten just groans as she grabs Lia's crossed arms and starts shaking her back and forth "I don't know what else to talk aboutt~ Help me, Lia." Kirsten whines as she attempts to look pitiful to seize Lia's pity. Lia just rolls her eyes before lightly smacking the other's head. "Use. Google. And don't tell me you can't find shit when you only looked through the first three articles."

Oh, she knows she only looked through the first three articles since while she was showing Lia her search browser, only the first three articles were highlighted purple. Caught red-handed, and Kirsten knows it as well since she doesn't even try to disprove her words.

Kirsten just grumbles as she pulls her laptop that was charging on the side closer to her before turning it on. Suddenly, Andrea, who was leisurely lying down on her bed lets out a laugh "I can't believe you're still bothering to put up with her. If I were you I would've strangled her a long time ago and left it at that." She says in joking disbelief.

Lia just chuckles at this while Kirsten flips Andrea off "It's because she isn't a demoness like you, bitch" she curses. Andrea just returns the favor while Kayzelle looks up from her phone and watches Kirsten with disgusted eyes. "Shut up and finish your essay, idiot."

Feeling the start of a warzone happening, Lia decides to slip away and sit on her bed to watch the fighting from the sidelines. "Che! This is why your crush doesn't like you back!" Kirsten taunts before sticking out her tongue playfully.

Andrea just scratches her head in annoyance "Just write your essay, will you? If you don't start now, don't come crying to us if you end up submitting it late." Andrea warns. Kirsten immediately freezes looks at the clock on the bottom right corner of her laptop screen. Kirsten's eyes widen after seeing that she indeed, does not have enough time to be playing around. With that, the only sound that comes from Kirsten's direction is her frenzied typing from that point forward.