Chapter 3

As night falls within the streets of Maginhawa street, the sound of a car's engine coming to a stop can be heard in the fronts of an apartment complex. As the car comes to a halt, a girl with her face covered by a black mask steps out of the car.

Slamming the car door behind her, she slings her bag over her shoulder as she steps up the small stairs, her footsteps heavy with fatigue. Looking around one more time to check if there are any onlookers, she pushes her way into the building.

As she makes her way to the elevator, one of the workers at the front desk perks up as they catch sight of her, identifying her even with her face obscured. Standing up she quickly flashes her a professional smile "Good evening, miss Karry. Much later than usual?" she greets.

Hearing her name being called, Karry immediately pulls off her earphones before turning in the direction of the front desk. She offers the lady a small, courteous smile, slightly bowing her head. "Yeah, it was a little hectic on the road. Hope you have a good evening." she returns.

Karry doesn't usually act so kindly towards people she isn't close with but the lady in the reception, who she later finds out to be named Sarah, is a very persistent one. Eventually, she warmed up to her, resulting in their frequent exchanges of greetings with her whenever she comes and goes the complex.

Moving forward, she presses the button for the elevator and waits. Suddenly, she recalls the earlier exchange and compares it with her little dispute with the girl back in her speech class(and very first class might she add). Unlike the front desk lady, that so-called "Student Representative" presented herself to be more of a fame-hungry student than someone with status as refined as a representative should be.

Karry scoffs at the recollection, finding the idea of that girl to be just as much of a day ruiner as her face was. But as the elevator doors open, all her bad thoughts are immediately dispelled as she remembers what awaits her in her apartment. Smiling to herself, she steps into the elevator with a pep to her step.

✎_ _ _

Excited, Karry slams open the door to her room, and when she sees the person she's been expecting, the smile on her face widens. All of a sudden, all her previous fatigue is gone and is now replaced with excitement akin to a child getting candy after a dinner full of greens.

The person in her shared room jumps, surprised by the sudden noise. But when she sees that it was only an enlivened Karry, her expression smooths out and gives her a radiant smile.

Karry bites her lip as she tries to hide her apparent smile but ultimately fails. Karry carefully drops her bag on her bed as she watches the other plug their phone into its charger. "Hi.. sorry I'm kinda late it was a little traffic. A truck swerved and a whole fight broke out so-" Karry presses her lips together as she catches herself rambling. "Sorry. Hi."

Magan just chuckles as she sits up "it's fine. Did anyone get injured?" she says, her tone patient. Karry's expression softens at that. Magan always had a gentle personality and would always find a way to look out for others, regardless of whether she knew them or not. That's one of the things she likes about Magan, aside from the myriad of different reasons that come with it.

Karry just smiles before she suddenly thinks of something, a sly smirk forming on her lips. She abruptly changes her expression into an exhausted one before plopping down on her bed. She begins her act of acting tired and pitiful, a ploy to get Magan to pity her and maybe feed her. But that's only a bonus.

Karry lets out an exasperated sigh. "It was alright... It was just so emotionally tiring and I haven't eaten and just- ugh..." she exaggerates, letting out a huff to bring it home. Magan just sighs fondly as she approaches the little faker, sitting beside her as she reaches her hand out to give her a comforting rub on the back.