Not Normal

November 12, 1968

Maestro's POV

If you want to live in this town there's one thing you should know... fun is unexceptional unless the mayor allows it and well everyone's a bunch of squares in this town especially the Mayor. He's this fat guy who wears glasses and thinks the whole world revolves around him, Bull shit!

A self centered man with a small mind, not to mention he has a Saying "If you're not like me you ain't worth diddly squat." Or whatever that means.

I live on 4th street in the town of normal valley, in a two story house not to small and not to big. My mother Wendy Maestro is a single mother to me and an artist with so much talent in her blood. As for me well I'm just me, but I like it that way.

Things were great, I had my mother with me and she was very sweet indeed just a peach. But there was a rumor and awful rumor about her floating among the town, my mother didn't care she went on with her day as usual but I knew deep down she felt scared for her reputation as a sweet lady.

I went to school, can't remember the name and I don't care for it either! I was a smart cookie even the teachers saw that right away but the other kids hated me cause they felt outshined by me... but I didn't care either. Anyways I'm getting ahead of myself, let me tell you a story a spooky one indeed....

And you'll begin to hate this town to.

It was a day unlike any other, it was to good to be true but this story doesn't take place on that same day however it's a long story, I woke up for school my hair was messy and I super hungry like I was always. I could smell the pancakes my mother was cooking for us in the kitchen, and the coffee beans and coffee filled the air to.

Yes it was absolutely perfect.

I came down stairs wearing my turtleneck sweater underneath and a sweater vest like the one Jim Morrison wears all the time, I sat down at the table and was greeted with a stack of pancakes with maple syrup, my mother kisses me on the cheek.

Bout time you woke up Damien, I was starting to suspect you were dead! She jokes laughing at me, that's a bit dark? I said chuckling a bit.

Well you're always wearing black so I figured you would enjoy a "Dark" Joke she says laughing again. I roll my eyes cringing at her little mom joke. Wow, I almost laughed. I chugged my orange juice and headed out the door, the school bus left without me again so I decided to just walk the entire way.

My neighbors greeted me yada yada yada, except one he was a weird old man who only came out after midnight. I kept my eye on his house as I walked by it with my head held high, until I was struck in head with a sandwich.

Hey! What the hell, I shouted as a girl and her friends laughed at me from a distance. I approached them until I was almost hit by a car.

Well well well, if it isn't the Witches son! The guy said sticking his head out of the window, his name was Mark Brandon an A student at my school and well as you can clearly see he's a bit of a dick. 

My moms not a witch, it's a stupid rumor that some idiot dreamt up and is now spreading like wild fire, i snarled at him. He winks at the three girls as they giggle to themselves shyly, whatever maestro now get the hell away from my car before I run your ass over freak! He says pressing the gas petal as he speeds past me I jump out of the way before I'm killed.