4.Mannat

[A/N: HIS is Sidharth, his is Aksharth. JIC.]

***

"Zubaan hai pheeki shaam se

Hui na tose baat bhi

Bina main tere bemaza

Hua hoon dekho aaj bhi"

The beautiful fan made video of 'them' dancing on the sets of a reality show, one of the very significant part of their lives, clubbed with few of 'their' heartfelt moments from the same show, was on play in the big screen of their bedroom. Arth was so much into the video as if mesmerized by the picturization on the screen trying to figure out something, that he wasn't even moving from his place, where he has been stuck for last many minutes. His eyes wide, chin slightly up, head dunked back as he continued watching it on repeat, a finger playing with the elastic of his short pants. The video-tube was on play having 'auto-play' option disabled, hence the same recording in run more than once. Shehnaaz was a melophile, music was in her every nerve. So, mornings were normally musical for them. The first song of the day would always be extra special for her, for it helps setting the mood for the whole day. It was a pattern she had always been following, the only difference was that the type of melody has been switched to starkly opposite taste than she earlier had. She was a 'beats and drops' lover then, now it's more soothing and lite music she would listen to. Time and life are the biggest changemakers they say, she has seen it happening to herself and how...

"Arth! Bubba idhar aaega....? Ajaa na...Arth! Di-Maa ke sath Biu ke ghar jana hai na bacha...Arth!!"

Shehnaaz has been calling for him from inside the washroom to help him take a bath. Their fulltime help was on a holiday pertaining to her husband's illness. Shehnaaz had taken a few days off to deal with the crisis and spend some much-needed leisure time with Maa and Aksharth. She loved spending time with her family but going out and working was equally important for a better living. The house-help would usually take care of Arth's morning routine for few months now after Shehnaaz had got really busy with her shoot commitments and Maa too had needed some help having her aging self, getting tired out real soon. There is another long story of Shehnaaz walking down a guilt trip for the situation back then, yet the supportiveness that they all have maintained for one another as a family, they all had understood and did what the circumstances would call for. They still have an additional help for the household chores other than the fulltime nanny. People may not consider the need apparently it is easier said than done, taking care of a child when you are a working professional specially without a fixed schedule job is way difficult than any piece of work in the world. For it should come through heart, is made up of deep devotion, it is endless, selfless, and enduring with an utmost piousness of intensions, motherhood that is.

They had their lunch prepared at one of Sidharth's Sister's place today and they were to head directly after getting him washed off nicely and then taking a shower herself.

"Arth...beta...kabse bula rahi hu na..." She repeated sauntering out of the bathroom towards the bedroom when he didn't join her even after the countless calls.

The series of events, as she entered the space was as beautiful as the video in play on their big flat TV screen. The kid's every gesture has been heartwarming till date, he has indeed been an ultimate gain in their biggest loss of life.

Arth had sensed her coming in, he turned towards her, pointed his index fingers towards the direction of the television, twinkling his most precious toothy smile at her he said:

"Vo...Munnaaz...hai..." Taking a pause after every word, he looked at her again then at the screen and repeated the same followed by an exciting grin just as though had solved some mystery puzzle game. He was trying to denote his victory at finding out that the person in the video was his Munnaaz only.