7.Amaanat

***

The repetitive cycle of happiness followed by sorrow, of pain followed by glory, of dull and drab followed by a shiny gleam, it has been the definition of life for her, right from the time when she was only a school going kid. And now, she was above all this, almost. Because she decided so, trying to be more responsible moving forward, for Arth as well as for Maa. Maa was aging hence needed some more care in terms of her health. She was a strong willed, powerhouse of a woman and so was super energetic most of the time but not all days are same.

Many a times, it calls for Shehnaaz to be in her toes taking care of her work as well as family, which she happily takes the challenge up for she has been taught to fight fierce in demanding situations. Shehnaaz has been managing her work commitments and family times smoothly for the amazing team she has got, both professionally as well as personally. She has got lucky in both fronts. Losses!? She has stopped thinking about them as mere losses, for she believes whatever you carry all throughout your life is nothing but achievement, whether it's a lesson or an experience. It is how it has been designed, none of us at the time of our birth have ever brought along any of our past acquirements, instead we come empty-handed, and it is a fact that we must leave behind all our life's attainments here only whenever we depart for the mysterious journey after life, called The Great Unknown'. It all comes down to keep learning, keep growing in terms of experiences, accepting the losses, and celebrating the smallest of gains.

"Kya bol raha hai ye?" Maa joined after finishing a phone call, delighted listening to his cutest blabbering that resonated the dining hall.

"Mom...isne ek aur naamkaran kiya hai aaj..." Di replied adjusting her plate, placing it at a safe distance form his reach to avoid any mess. He was still a kid after all.

"Kiska...koi reh gya hai naamkaran krne ko!" Maa joked. He has actually given names to each and every member of the family deriving it on his own.

"Sidharth ka...'Da-Arth' bula raha hai usko..." Di responded back, smiling through brimming eyes. It was no less than a milestone for them. A moment to remember for life.

Maa wasn't flabbergasted for she knew it was coming sooner or later, yet the gratifying feeling was there, resulting into her showing the contentedness of a feeling by shedding those happy tears. Walking across the table, to reach the chair they were seated at, she kissed his soft cheeks mumbling 'Mera bacha...vo bhi boht khush hoga...'. Every small or big juncture of their lives had his remembrance and why not, he resides in their hearts that beats and bleeds for him.

She would indirectly tell him about HIM, through stories as she would make him sleep during Shehnaaz's late shoot days. She had silently wished for the moment to arrive soon and here it was. He had started to take interest in HIM, he was now getting to know about HIM directly, to top it all he looked as curious as Sidharth himself when HE was a kid and would learn something new. The parallels where infinite, probably because they were living Sidharth through Arth. But whatever it was, the connection with this pure soul of a child, always felt divine.

Shehnaaz heard it too. It did something to her, as if revived a part of her heart which even she had no idea, was set aside lifeless all the while. The desire of it all happening in HIS presence, creating a whirlwind inside yet smiling in front, was her. She now knew how to balance her emotions to always count smallest of happiness and victories, over enormous moments of sadness and defeats.

He repeated "Munnaaz ke saat Da-Arth!!" smiling bright at his Munnaz, taking her by surprise. And this was it, she still had the essence of her old natural self when it came to not holding back showering her love on people. The sudden rush of adoration towards this epitome of innocence was so much that she instantly picked him up in her arms, embracing him tight dropping sloppy kisses everywhere in his being. He was giggling, enjoying her reaction, cheerful at his best; with all the warmth he was receiving from everyone around. What else a child asks for? Other than constant attention and 'only love' in abundance.