Love Potions and Tarot Cards ~ Vanessa Ives

A/N: Hello lovelies! 

I hope you'll enjoy this OneShot FanFiction. I wrote this at like 3am in the morning during a creative boost. If you have any requests or ideas please let me know :)

Plot: Sir Malcom has invited Reader to a Banquet. Reader has known Vanessa for years and has fallen in love with her. A desicion was made that turned into a hot mistake, or not?

Quick Disclaimer before the story: I do not own any of the Characters mentioned. This is purely a FanFiction of the main Character from the Show Penny Dreadful.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've known Vanessa Ives for several years now. We have worked together on projects which were funded by Sir Malcom. During those projects I've grown very close to her. She knows almost everything about me. That I'm a witch, or well... beginner witch that is. That I love bunnies, enjoy my tea with exactly 5 spoons of sugar and just a little cream and that I was born into a powerful witch clan but was outcast at a very young age because they thought I had no connection to magic. Vanessa was kind enough to teach me some of the things she knew about witchcraft and taught me how to use her Tarot deck. Even though I never really understood the fascination with those cards, I love to see how calm she is while shuffling the deck and how her graceful and soft fingers graze the cards when she picks them.

What she doesn't know however, is how I feel about her. I was fascinated and enchanted by her the second I laid my eyes upon that pale face. The more time we've spent together, the more I couldn't hide the fact that my heart, no, my whole being longed for her. I was always careful not to show it in front of her but the moment I was alone, I couldn't hold myself back anymore. My thoughts spun wild and I couldn't get her off my mind.

It's been a while since I've seen her the last time. So, when I received a letter from Sir Malcom, stating he will hold a banquet and would gladly have me there, I was ecstatic.

I turned my whole closet upside down to try and find the perfect dress but came to the realisation, I don't own anything to wear which would be fit for a banquet. At least nothing that could catch Vanessas gaze.

That gaze.

Her eyes.

Those beautiful, piercing, blue orbs. Oh, how I miss looking at those eyes, how they gleam and shimmer when she smiles and laughs. The way she gets those beautiful soft lines in the outer corners of her eyes and her lips when she smiles. Those lips, so pink and soft looking... wonder how they feel on mine...

"Ah! But what am I thinking again..." I shake my head slightly. "Let's get back to what I was originally doing." I look through the dresses once more then sigh. Guess I must buy a dress then. With a heavy groan I threw all the dresses back in the closet and put my shoes and coat on.

It was cold outside so the warmth from the dress shop was like a welcomed hug. I stroll through the store, letting my eyes travel over fabrics and colours. I found a lot of beautiful dresses but none that really caught my eye in the specific way I was hoping for.

It took visiting two other shops until I found the perfect dress.

"This is it!" I whisper to myself as I hold the dress and feel the fabric between my fingers. It was a two-piece dress with an eggshell-coloured, form fitting blouse, adorned with gentle, floral lace details around the neck and wrists. The sleeves were a little wider around the shoulders and got tighter around the forearm. The skirt was a beautiful, dark, marine blue colour with eggshell and black floral embroidery. The blazer was the same colour as the skirt, also form fitting like the blouse, with beautiful sparkling silver buttons and the same eggshell and black floral embroidery from the skirt.