ELEVEN

★ ★ ★

INCOMING FACETIME CALL FROM SERENA!

"hey, rena," chase's cheerful expression turned into a concerned one as soon as he saw that she was crying, "what's up?"

"anthony messaged me," she sniffled. chase watched as she took a makeup removing wipe and rubbed it on her face, removing what was left of her makeup. "while i was doing my makeup too, can you believe that? it took me forever to do my eyeliner and now it's ruined."

if chase wasn't so concerned about her emotional state, he would've laughed at that comment. serena liked to deflect emotions with humor; anyone who knew serena knew that about her. it was obvious serena wasn't herself though. despite the small smile that was on her face, the rest of her seemed so drained. serena had bags under her eyes, and her brown eyes were completely void of any emotion.

"do you wanna talk about it?" chase nervously bit his lip. rena was in a fragile state, and he didn't want to accidentally push her into another breakdown. it seemed that her breakup with anthony had triggered deeper issues because serena was breaking down often.

rena sighed and thought for a moment, trying to find the words to describe how she was feeling, before shaking her head, "not right now. shiloh and bella are both busy, and aurelia is dealing with her own issues. i just wanted some company."

chase nodded and the two sunk into a silence. it wasn't an awkward silence though; they were just enjoying each other's company. serena was doing her own thing, and chase was doing his own thing. serena couldn't tell what chase was doing, but she could hear rustling coming from chase's end.

"have you..." serena broke the silence, but hesitated for a moment, "have you spoken to anthony at all?"

it was chase's turn to sigh. he hadn't spoken to anthony until chase got a text from anthony earlier in the morning. of course, anthony was asking chase whether or not he and rena were dating. it upset chase too. chase wanted nothing to do with anthony since he first heard that anthony cheated on serena. seeing and hearing how anthony was acting proved to chase that this was a good decision. chase wanted nothing to do with this amount of drama. ever since the whole situation on july 6, chase wanted to distance himself from drama as much as possible. chase laughed at the irony; chase was somehow caught up in another situation that was slowly escalating to july 6 level.

"he texted me earlier this morning," chase informed, "he was asking if we were dating."

this caused rena to groan in frustration, "why the fuck does he care so much? he cheated on me. why is he so obsessed with what i'm doing now?"

"i don't know," chase hated that he couldn't say anything to comfort her.

"you know he asked me if we were dating too," serena spoke softly, "i wish i said we were. i would do anything to make him feel the way that i've been feeling for the past two weeks."

chase's heart swelled for her. he didn't like that she was upset over a guy like anthony; she didn't deserve this. the next sentence left his mouth without thinking, "so let's do it."

this statement caused serena to abruptly stop her eyeliner. she stared at chase in shock, "boy, what the fuck did you just say?"

chase could feel his face heating up in embarrassment, but he shrugged it off as best as he could, "we can make anthony think we're dating. he deserves it after what he did to you."

this made serena's heart jump. chase was too nice and empathetic for his own good. this wasn't a good idea and they both knew it. the internet would tear the both of them apart. serena would most likely be attacked for moving on so fast, and chase would most likely be attacked for moving on from charli.

"chase, i don't know," serena bit her lip as she was trying to map out the pros and cons in her head, "we would get so much hate."

chase nodded, trying to think of what to say next. he was mentally cursing himself for even suggesting it in the first place. "i feel like it would be good for both of us though. it could help you move on from anthony, and people would stop bothering me about charli."

serena nodded. chase had a point, although it wasn't a great one. serena was too exhausted to write or post anything, so "dating" chase would help her keep her mind off of anthony, not to mention she'd get her petty revenge on him. chase saying that it would help him too persuaded her even more. chase took her prolonged silence as a bad thing and he started talking again, "just forget i said anything. it was really stupid; there's no way-"

rena spoke before chase could finish his sentence, "let's do it."

★ ★ ★

EMILY SPEAKS!

hey baes! just finished crying and listening to all too well (taylor's version) and wanted to cheer myself up by working on an update so yeah. enjoy (: