Untitled Part 4

She started reading it and pulled out a picture. She held it in her fingers, glaring at it. "You're mine, you son of a bitch"

Her phone rang and without looking at it she answered. "Voight"

"It's been a very long time Jordan. Far too long" Came a smooth voice, it was a man's voice.

"You son of a bitch, you took my son"

There was a brief pause on the phone and a smaller scared voice came out, when Jordan heard her son's voice she just about froze. Her heart stopped. Now she knows how her father had felt when it was her in danger and he was on the receiving end of the phone call.

"Mommy" Justin's small voice came on.

"It's me, baby. Are you alright?" Jordan's voice cracked.

"I'm scared. I wanna go home"

"Don't you worry buddy. I'm coming for you. Momma's coming"

"Now that was just the sweetest thing I've ever heard" The man's voice came back on.

"You're going to pay very dearly for this. So help me if you touch one hair on my son's head I'll burn you alive"

"You were always making threats when you shouldn't have"

"I don't make threats. I make promises and this is a promise. When I find you this time, I'm gonna make you eat bullets and by the time I get finished you'll be shitting bullets and pissing out blood"

"You always were your father's child"

"What do you want?"

"That'll be a surprise. I'll be in touch"

"Mommy!" Justin cried.

"Justin! Justin!" Jordan screamed as the phone went out.

Her breathing hitched as she cried and held her stomach, she couldn't lose her son. She just couldn't. It would be losing her brother all over again. The first time was hard enough. This time with it being her son, it would kill her.

She grabbed the files and went back to her car. When she got in she saw in the rear view mirror she saw someone following her acting casual she drove off and the person had begun following her. Soon Jordan was making random turns and the person was still following her. She turned into an alley and hid the car when the other car drove up and the driver got out and she came out with her gun.

When she saw the back of the head she sighed seeing it was Adam. "Are you trying to have me shoot you? What the hell are you doing following me?"

"You never came back and we got worried"

"I was busy"

"Did you find anything?"

Jordan had to play this herself. She couldn't loop the others in. Not even her father. This started with her and it was going to end with her. It had gone on far too long and now enough lines had been crossed.

"No, I went through half my files and none matched the description"

"Jordan, you're lying to me"

"Would I lie Adam? Put my son in jeopardy like that?"

"You know who took him and you wanna do this on your own"

"I have no idea what you're talking about"

"Jo, we put a trace on your phone in case of any incoming or outgoing calls. You just had an incoming call that lasted about 2 minutes"

"You traced my phone?!"

"We knew you'd go off on your own and we had no choice"

"I'm not a damn child anymore Adam, I'm a grown woman with children"

"Yes, children that need their mother. Not you dead buried in the ground. Your children need you around Jordan. Don't make them go through the pain you went through not growing up with a mother"

That was a sucker punch to the gut but Adam did have a point. She wanted to spare her children the pain of what she went through as a child not having her mother. Looking to the ground she let out a sob and Adam brought her into his arms.

"It's alright, we'll find him. I promise you"

"He's a little boy Adam. He sounded so scared"

"We'll find him and get whoever did it"

"I'll get who did this. It started with me and it's going to end with me. He made this personal. The battle finished years ago. Now the war has just begun"