Untitled Part 1

The sand felt smooth beneath her feet as she curled her toes deeper. Her far away gaze struck for the horizon bathed in a brilliant pinkish orange. The roll of the surf crashing in her ears, and flowing through her blood. Her heart strong, beating an ancient rhythm in the depths of her chest. She turned her head to look over her shoulder at the beach, almost empty.

"Shay, you coming?" Lilliana shouted folding up a blanket. Shay pushed a stray wave of raven black hair away from her face.

"Yep, I'm coming give me thirty seconds." She called back blinking stony eyes rapidly to dislodge sand. Gazing once more at the ocean she turned her back to the sea with a sigh, shuffling back up to Lilliana.

"Where's Avalon?" Shay asked searching the empty shoreline.

"She went to the car with Daire." Lilliana replied still folding. Shay picked up the last blanket and started to fold it after shaking the sand from it. She knew Daire and Avalon never really got time together even though they had been dating for several months now. On the other hand Lilliana and her boyfriend Zane got plenty of time together. She grimaced, sometimes she felt Avalon's awkwardness around Lilliana and Zane; they were intense. Tucking the blanket beneath her arm she headed towards the car and civilization taking one last longing look at the darkening sea.

"You okay, Shay, You've been really quiet all day." Lilliana questioned putting an arm around her shoulders. She smiled slightly.

"Yes, just tired, stressed and tired. It's too bad Beno couldn't come we would have given you and Zane a run for your money." She grinned and wiggled her eyebrows at Lilliana who blushed and giggled.

At the car Shay knocked on the window breaking Avalon and Daire out of their kissing session.

"Sorry, but I'm due home in ten minutes." She said with a small shake of the head. Lilliana stuffed beach gear in the trunk and pushed Daire out of the shotgun seat. Shay shook her head and sighed smiling. It was the same every day. Daire grumbled opening the left passenger door sliding in next to her, she patted his shoulder sympathetically. Arriving at her house; Shay got out of the car waving fondly at Lilliana, Avalon and Daire. Turning to Zane she nudged him with her shoulder. He glanced down at her through his swoosh of jet black hair.

"Sorry Beno couldn't make it, Shaya." He said smiling. She looked at him for the first time that night full in the face.

"Yes, me too, although you and Lilli made up for it eh?" She winked at him. Zane laughed as they walked towards the door; stopping short of the door he reached out and squeezed her shoulder.

"Shaya, you're really starting to worry me. Your peppiness is missing." He peered into her face. She stuck her hand out and pushed his face away mussing up his hair.

"I'm fine Zane, besides you don't need to look after me." She retorted. Zane smiled.

"Actually I do little sister." He said with emphasis. Shay turned on him yelling as he chuckled and slipped into the house.

"By two months, big whoop Zane!" Zane laughed loudly and Shay clapped a hand over his mouth.

"Be quiet moron, mom and dad are asleep." He stemmed his laughter and went upstairs followed by Shay. Both brother and sister went into their respected rooms. Minutes later Zane opened his door and called to Shay who stuck her head out of her room.

"Good night Shay bear." He said and laughed withdrawing his head from the door way, but not before she said.

"Goodnight Zaney." The same routine every night.