Prolouge

Since the day I turned 15 my Grams and I have been on the run. How every great story starts out right?        

        My dad was...abusive. He drank himself into oblivion, then beat my mom and I. Mom would never leave, claiming she knew that he loved her and it was just a phase.

                           That phase had been going on for five years. Grams hadn't known about it until I had finally decided to grow a backbone and tell her. I called her on the phone she had given me, and sobbed to her. I spilt my guts, as dad was downstairs beating mom unconcious. Her screams were heard by Grams through the phone. I had already had my turn with the beatings.

                                         Five minutes later Grams came over with a gun I had no clue she owned (grams was a bit...drastic at times) and threatened to kill dad. He laughed at her until she hit him in the head and knocked him out. He was too drunk to remember.

                 Grams told mom she was taking me, and never coming back. She offered to take her too. Mom declined, screaming at me for being selfish. I cried the whole time I was packing my bag. When Grams wasn't looking mom slapped me in the same cheek dad had punched. Then she spit in my eye.

                 I never told Grams.

                                           We left that night in a blue caravan. City after city, we drove in silence.. I didn't ask where we were going or care. I was just happy to finally be free. Every mile we left behind more and more weight was lifted from my shoulders until I could breathe free again.

                                                                                                                     That night I left behind everything, but most of all my heart; I closed it off to everything except Grams and my books.

************************************************************************************************************************

THIS IS PROBABLY A HUGE HOT MESS, BUT I COULDN'T CARE LESS BECAUSE I HAVE SO MUCH HOPE FOR THIS BOOK! I LITERALLY REWROTE THIS 5 TIMES.

SORRY IF THIS ISN'T AMAZING BUT DON'T WORRY THE CHAPTERS COMING OVER ARE GONNA BE SOOO MUCH BETTER.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING - A

VOTE<3

COMMENT<3

FAN <3