Chapter 3

You recovered quickly from your injuries, what normal agents would take weeks, it took you four days to be completely healed. Natasha visited you every day to see how you were doing and to help you with the bandages. Today, she was there to remove the stitches from your healed skin.

"...And then, you'll be able to go back to doing missions in 3 days, I'll let Fury know." She said calmly, removing the last stitch from your arm and applying a remedy over your scar.

"I know he wants you to keep an eye on me." You said looking at the woman's face, who just rolled her eyes at you. "You know I know."

"First of all, do you think I look like a babysitter, Agent Y/L/N?" She said looking at you seriously, causing you to deny it with your head. "Secondly, we are on the same team, and I am here for you." Natasha then stood up, looked in your room and reached under your desk for some medicine, she counted them one by one, they were all there, you hadn't taken any since the last incident. "Really, I have to talk to Maria?" she looked at you angrily.

"I'm fine, I swear. The mission incident is not about..." You said, getting up and heading toward your closet.

Natasha saw on your back, a mark. The mark. She read in your file, that the mark burned into your skin, as you had described. That the mark was your zero point.

"I am not talking about the mission, Y/N, I can see it on your face when you are not actually sleeping." She said approaching, watching you reach for an exercise sweatpants.

"Romanoff, I think you have other things to worry about." You gave a humorless laugh and made your way to your bathroom, changing your shorts for sweatpants and an old Shield shirt, you put on your running shoes and approached the woman. "I appreciate your attention and devotion, I'm fine. Now, can I go for a run?" You gave her a look, which Natasha knew well, she rolled her eyes and agreed.

Before she could reconsider, you ran out of the room, heading toward the outside of the facility. You took a deep breath, closing your eyes for the feeling of fresh air in your lungs. You opened your eyes again, and began to run down the training track. Bucky was watching you from far away, when he decided to keep up with you.

"Y/N, good morning." Bucky said running from your side, he was the only one keeping up with you.

"BuckyBuck, my good old man, good morning. Do you want to follow me or compete?" Before you could conclude he began to weigh on his feet, making you run faster. You let out a laugh and ran after him.

A normal person shouldn't push too hard after an incident like yours, but you were not normal. You got distracted, and with one wobble you lost the balance of your body and tripped over your own feet. You were so fast that when you tripped, you flew for a few meters until you reached a decorative pool. You reached the bottom of the pool, but soon managed to swim to the surface, finding four eyes on you. Bucky and Romanoff. You climbed out of the pool, dropped to the ground, and then giggled. That had been comical for you, but not for them. They looked frightened.

"Oh, did you see Romanoff, I lost the race to a 100-year-old." You said between giggles, Natasha sighed as she heard you and held out her hand to you. You made a disgusted face and stood up on your own. "Ew, no Romanoff, I can get up by myself!"

"I can see the little child is already back to normal, great." Natasha gave a sarcastic smile, turned around, but looked over her shoulder at you. "Come on, it's time for me to teach you a lesson."