The Illusionist

Prologue

                “Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls of all ages! I give you veliine Stawnce, in the high wire act!” the ringmaster’s voice boomed over the microphone. A slender man wearing a costume of yellow stripes and pink with yellow polka dots began across a long thin wire, dancing as he went along. His mask hid whatever emotion shown in his eyes, but his smile said it all. The audience would gasp and applaud at his performance, though he had practiced this act many times before, he would still have fear. One person in the audience, a black haired and blue eyed girl, would keep perfectly quiet and would watch with interest.

                   Something about her made him lose the fear and gain confidence. It was as if she was there with him, dancing and spinning in midair. Veline soon finished his act and climbed down the ladder watching as the ringmaster continued on with the circus show. At the end, when the mass of children and adults left, Veline called the ringmaster over, “Cezek, you know it’s time, we must begin our search for the one, for the Illusionist, that…” Veline was cut off by Cezek with a wave of the cape he wore, and turned to leave.

                   “I have no time, it was a lost cause when my father and yours desperately searched, and I have no interest. So drop it,” Cezek soon walked out of the ring and out of tent. Veline stood in silence; he knew better, the only one to defeat the present evil was the Illusionist.

                   “Please Cezek…; Illusionist, awaken, and make Cezek understand, we need you more than ever. Please….PLEASE!” Veline screamed, as the night set around him.