SIX.

Present.

The moment your eyes blink open, you rush out of Jimin's room without him noticing—Maybe he did notice but you couldn't care less. You know yesterday's issue gets into the ears of the higher-ups as you wake up to a message from Jaemin saying you are called for a disciplinary meeting.

You know your career is in jeopardy.

Quickly striding to your locker to fix your attire, hopefully no one is aware that you had spent the night in Jimin's room. You really hope no one did. As you step in front of your locker, you open it and see a full set of new and unused clothes. You had stored some clothes in your locker back then just in case you would need them and you truly didn't expect you need them for this reason.

You change your clothes, fix your hair and put on some makeup to cover up some flaws. You slip into your doctor coat and close the locker.

You make your way towards the higher-ups building. As the elevator arrives at your destination, you stride towards the disciplinary meeting room. It's funny how you are always here to evaluate doctors that are being called for disciplinary action to be taken but now you are in their position.

"I'd never expect to meet you here as the one that needed disciplinary action, (Y/N)," A voice comes from your back. "You were an excellent doctor but I guess everybody makes mistakes, right?"

Her words aren't meant to sass you.

"Mrs Min," You greet her with a smile.

Mrs Min was your mentor back then when you were in your residency. It was years ago and now she's a clinical manager while you are a director of your department.

"I'll try to talk to them so your punishment will be lighter," She pats my shoulder.

"No, please don't, Mrs Min. I'm willing to take any punishment," You tell her. You are never a person to avoid punishments— Not like you ever get one before but still.

Both of you stride towards the disciplinary hall. You see four chairs are placed behind a long glass table which you assume are the seats for Mrs Min, Dr Gyu, and Jay. You don't know the last chair is for who.

Your seat is in front of them.

Mrs Min settles in her place as Dr Gyu and Jay stride into the room. Trailing a few metres behind them is someone you didn't expect.

Mr Park.

Why is he joining the disciplinary process?

Patient's father? Yeah, that.

The disciplinary action meeting starts as they bombard you with questions such as why this why that. You remain calm throughout the session. You know it's your fault so you didn't try to prove yourself— Not like you have anything to prove.

"Alright," Mr Park starts. "We conclude that Dr. (Y/N) will be suspended for a week, seven days starting from tomorrow. Although you are suspended, coming to the hospital is allowed. You are restricted from doing any of your duties is all."

While the disciplinary session is going on, you finally remember and pinpoint why Mr Park is here. He's not here just because he's the patient's father, he's the next CEO in line. You've heard that he has gotten a big share of this hospital and is soon to be expected as the CEO.

"Any objections, (Y/N)?" Jay asks. You reply with a no and they nod in acknowledgement.

"Okay, that concludes everything," Mr Park declares. "Dr. (Y/N), I hope this matter won't happen again in the future."

After that, they all leave the room. Mrs Min comes to you and gives you a hug before leaving. You return the hug with equal tenderness.

"Thank you, Mrs Min."

"No problem, Hon. Just don't let this happen again, hmm?" She pats your back. "I want your record to be clean."

You chuckle. She breaks the hug and leaves the room.

"(Y/N)?" A manly voice calls you.

"Beomgyu?"

"You are more than welcome to visit us during your suspension period, I hope you know that?" He tells you.

"Of course I would visit you guys," You tell him with a smile.

You walk towards him who's a few feet away sling your arm on his shoulder in a friendly manner. "I know you're worried about handling a whole week without me but don't worry, you'll be able to handle it. You got Jaemin and Lia."

"You really read me like an open book, huh," He shakes his head as he lets out a breathy laugh.

"Yes, you got me, Gyu," Jaemin suddenly comes out of nowhere and sling his arm on Beomgyu's free shoulder.

"God, make a sound will you?" You and Beomgyu speak at the same time.

The three of you walk out of the room when suddenly a cough distracts you. You stop on your track causing the other two to follow suit. You turn and find Mr Park standing a few metres away from you and your colleagues.

"I would like to have a talk with Dr. (Y/N)," Mr Park speaks with a cold voice.

He sends an intimidating glare on Beomgyu whose arm is on your shoulder. He gets the warning and immediately drops his arm. Jaemin and Beomgyu quickly bow at Mr Park and leave the room. Leaving you alone with Jimin's father.

When Mr Park thinks everyone is out of the radar, he starts. "As you can see, Jimin is my only child," You nod. You know about it since it's stated in your patient's information file.

"I need him to take over my legacy."

"So, one day he will be back to normal right?" He asks with a hopeful tone.

"Mr Park," You pause and walk closer to him until you're a few feet away from him. "Jimin's condition isn't a too serious one. He could've gotten better if you decided to give attention to him, bring him to the counselling and not put him in a mental hospital. His depression isn't severe."

"You and your wife left him here like he's never your son."

You don't care if you appear rude right now. It angers you in some way as the memory where he and his wife left his son faster than they arrived filters back. After months of taking care of Jimin, you are sympathetic to your patient. That's why Jimin becomes your primary patient.

"It was never my decision to put him here—"

"Then, who?" You cut him off. "You're the father. His father."

"Or you probably think it's okay to put him here because he's not normal? Because he has the ability of Siren?"

The room fell into a deep silence.

"So, you knew it already." He sighs.

"Sadly, yes," You tell him. "He even used his abilities on me."

"What did he do?"

"He sang this certain song, used his enchanted voice on me... stuff like that."

Mr Park's eyes widened but you didn't catch that. Jimin got the ability because of his father. It runs along with the Park generation. Every first son of each generation will be gifted with that ability. Siren Song is only used to lure someone you truly desire. If it was a normal occurrence, they would use their enchanted voice.

Simply speaking, Siren Song is like a meaningful gift to give to a person. The fact that Jimin uses his Siren Song on you could only mean one thing...

He'll talk to Jimin about this later.

If it's really what thought of then he will do anything for his son's happiness to make up for his mistake— abandoning Jimin. Now that Jimin has found his love, as a father he will protect his son's happiness. He doesn't want Jimin to lose another happiness after his mother and love from a father.