The club

The club, A year back from present date.

Ares looked back at Analise. She suddenly realised he had seen her looking at their intimate touching of each other. Had she been looking so longingly at the touches? Did he recognise her loneliness, her lack of a romance in life?
Supremely embarrassed, she looked away quickly and joined the conversation Kenny and Sarah were having. Kenny seemed to notice her distracted state and said, "So we've been boring you madam, so much so that you have to resort to staring at people groping each other?" Analise peevishly replied, "I was just looking around, that's all. I can't believe people can be so shameless, honestly, who gropes each other in full view of the entire club?" Sarah frowned, "What do you mean Analise? I didn't take you to be such a prude. Granted, you haven't felt the touch of a man since you were born, but that doesn't give you the right to sulk around. I think you're just frustrated at the lack of sex in your life." 

Analise couldn't believe how much truth there was in that one statement of Sarah's. Yes, she thought, they are absolutely right. When did I become such a loser? When did I care who groped who?

As if reading her thoughts, Kenny replied, "You only care because it's Ares. You wouldn't give a damn otherwise." Analise was shocked. How did Kenny know who Ares was and that she knew him? And so she asked him. "I know him because he's a childhood friend. Or rather, was a friend. But how do you know him Kenny?" Now it was Kenny's turn to be embarrassed. "I am a bit ashamed to admit, but I know him through stalking your Instagram. I have seen that you follow all his accounts and like all his pictures extensively. Who is he, really, and why has he had such an effect on you? Could it be just his devilish good looks or some secret past that you and he share that I and Sarah know nothing about?"

Analise was silent. How do I tell them how he broke my heart when I was merely a tender fourteen years of age? Will they pity me, more than I pity myself? Surely that's not even possible.

Analise was pondering when she felt His eyes on herself. It was as if his gaze burned her flesh wherever it touched. Her heart started thudding loudly, and finally she dared herself to look into his eyes, from far across the club.

Analise... Analise.. she heard his husky voice in her head. How he used to call her teasingly fourteen years ago. How she used to delight him. He thought her so pretty back then. Will he still think so now?