5. Water's Aggressive Awakening

After getting out of the river, the four friends had gone to dry off a little bit and to recollect where they were exactly.

"I'm going to go find some twigs and wood to start a fire for the night, alright guys?" Kyle looked at his three friends as he stood up, fixing the red leather shirt that had been placed on him when entering the new world.

"Alright," the others spoke, not caring if they had been in unison when speaking.

"Jinx," Ash said quietly.

"I would say double jinx, but I didn't know you were going to do a Frozen reference." Jim laughed while going to lean up against a tree.

Hunter and Kyle rolled their eyes at the two as they continued to do their tasks at hand.

"What are you doing?" Ash asked Hunter as she walked over to see Hunter playing with the larger bed rocks.

"I'm building a fire pit," she said while scooping out more of the soft dirt from the stone circle she had made. "You could help, this has to be at least a foot deep."

"Sure, I'll help out." Ash got down on her knees and started to help Hunter make the hole deeper. She then noticed a gap in the circle Hunter had made. "Hey, there's a rock missing here."

Hunter looked at where Ash was pointing. "Jim, can you please go get us another rock from the river?"

Jim sighed before pushing himself off of the tree he was once leaning on and walked over to the shallow river. "How big of a rock do we need?"

"Like, one as big as your head!" Ash shouted back to him.

Jim laughed lightly and bent down to look at the water's surface, adjusting the collar of the leader shirt he wore. He was glad it was his favorite color, blue, but he was also confused on why leather would be this color. Jim looked at the river, seeing small stones all over the rippling bed.

He then noticed a rather large stone, one with an elegant appearance. The stone was large, about the size of his head, but it couldn't be seen through the many small pebbles covering most of its surface. Little white specks flowed around in the clear shell, but they chose to stay above the solid blue below them. The stone vibrated in the water as if happy, finding comfort in the flow of steady water hitting against it. Jim reached out towards it, taking a few steps into the shallow river. The water only reached below his ankle, periodically splashing up against it if the current increased just slightly.

Jim squatted as low as he could without getting his black leather pants wet, studying the blue stone and its strange white lights inside of it. Curiosity got the better of him, causing Jim to brush the smooth, little stones off of the big stone. As his thumb hit the very top of the blue stone's clear outer shell, the white specks shot up out of the stone and made their way slowly towards him.

Jim stood there shocked, frozen in place as the little fragments spiraled around his arm in a snakelike way. "The heck...?" His blue eyes widened at the diamond-shaped pieces coming towards him, not noticing the rumbling of what seemed to be an earthquake.

Hunter and Ash looked up from their work on the fire pit and at each other. "Jim!" the two of them yelled while turning their heads towards his direction.

Jim was still frozen in place, his head being the only thing moving. The violent shakes of the ground had now disturbed his trance and had filled his mind with thoughts of where the source of the shaking was coming from.

A white foam appeared in the distance, its size and speed increasing with every moment Jim looked at it. What none of them knew was that the supposed "earthquake" was actually caused by the large body of water moving down the shallow stream at a rapid pace. Once Jim recognized that it was a mad rush of water coming at him, he jumped up and started to run for the dry land, the small specks of light slowly following him along the way.