A story of a man

A man lies on the jade hills littered with life, with no company of his own close enough to mind. The man does not seem to have priorities of any nature, and simply responds modestly to his surroundings.

A man sits on the practical seat he has been provided to perform a task that only matters to him and its assigner due to them assuming a reward for their efforts. This reward doesn’t seem much were you not to have its true value explained to you. This reward is a ticket to luxury and comfort. Neither the man nor the assigner is truly interested in the beauty or elegance of knowledge.

The working man considers the concept of his reward. He considers how everyone else considers the reward and what they might pursue in replacement of that reward. He questions the value in what accomplishments they all seek, and in doing this he is only reminded of his mere and miserable scenario. He is not loved, and he is not progressive enough for his people. He’s an outcast, of which there are many alike. They will all continue to be rewarded for their efforts, but they will never reach their desired point of luxury and comfort. Of this man, one question separates him from them, and for that they shun him. The man is perceived as making excuses for his scenario, but he is attempting to understand the reasoning of this order.

            The man is ridiculed and it is accepted between the rest that he cannot possibly succeed with his mentality. The progressive behavior is too much for him, and he has but one option: to leave the system that has rejected him.

            The man takes with him his consciousness that he adores and clothes to protect it. He ventures far away from the system, in spite of its cruel and dense members, but also in absence of an answer to a question he lacks the ability to answer currently.

            The answer was eventually found. It was found in how animals must be modest with their taking in order for both them and their prey to exist – it was found in how producers create for the most ungrateful of partners, yet never cease with their kindness – it was found in the realization that all consciousness is derived from some ultimate and possibly evolutionary goal – it was found in the sacrifices that all living things make for the benefit of their offspring – it was found in the absence of the concept of wealth – it was found in the absence of abundance – it was found in being humble – it was found in the freedom of never accomplishing anything.

            No great man has ever conquered a people, or was victorious in any extraordinary relation to those mediocre. No relativity can make any man ideal. All accomplishments can be bested, or made better with the occurrence of something worse, and for this reason indifference is where all great men lie on the spectrum.

            The man no longer took more than he felt was necessary, and he never gave more than was either. He took and gave in moderation not out of his or the recipient’s or victim’s interest. This moderation was reasoned through modesty; through the idea that any action out of what is demanded is flawed and is to be avoided. The man did not think not of what was coming, nor of what had past, and even rarely of what was happening. He did not dwell on the connotations of his soul, or on the impressions he would give off to others. He lived as though he had to, and had no surprising feature to him. This did not worry him, but he also did not embrace it. Were he to do either, he would set himself off his balance. It is also to be said that a conscious decision to avoid either would also cause him the same fate. The man has understood this, and also that in order to live by it that he must act as if he did not understand it, and that it was nature’s intention.

            The man had finally understood what he was given. He had found his answer and yet he could not rejoice. His only response was the slight smirk across his face before he fell into a nap with his arms on his chest as he failed and made that realization. He was more conscious than the other animals, but he did not conquer them or abuse them in any benefit to his own. The only use of the consciousness was that it provided him with the ability to understand his intended nature.

            No one ever heard from the man once he was shunned. This was intended. No one ever remembered the man after he was shunned. This was also intended. The man did not accomplish any physical greatness with his life, and he did not receive any credit from another entity, and he did not acquire any wealth, in any form, with his skills. This was all intended. Despite all of this, the man was more content and happy than any man that had ever walked the earth.

            He lived as though life intended him to, and was rewarded for it. He would wish that more men would discover his choices in fear that all of humanity is destined to an ungrateful fate, but he could only be humble that he had experienced them. Perhaps he was the only one intended to live as though nature intended. The man would never know, and no man would either.

            A man lie on the jade hills littered with life, with no company of his own close enough to mind. The man does not seem to have priorities of any nature, and simply responds modestly to his surroundings. One day the man died, and he was forgotten.