The Day after Coronation

That morning Elena had slept in til almost 10:30.  She had been very tired the night before since it was her coronation.  She woke up and realized that it was yet another cloudy, dreary day in the Avaloran city.  She walked up to her balcony and rested her hands on the railing.  She sighed to Flo, who was on her shoulder half asleep.

"Y'know, Flo.  I think today is going to be a good day, even though it's cloudy doesn't mean it won't be a bad day!" she told her friend happily.  Flo tried to smile.  

    "I guess so.  Won't it be weird having Esteban around?" she said it like it was a bad word.

Elena frowned.  "I don't know exactly, Flo.  But I forgave him so all should be normal..." she wasn't so sure of herself at that moment because Esteban was sure to treat her different than he had before.  And she probably would, too.  It was very difficult to handle all of this, especially since she will have a new chancellor.

     "Hmph!  I still say he should have rotted in the dungeon!"  

     "Flo!"

    "Sorry, but hey!  At least you have Naomi for a chancellor and not some boring old man."

Elena had to laugh at that, actually.  She was really glad to have Naomi by her side, but she'd miss Esteban too.   He gave her good advice even though he could be little boring at times.

   "Yeah, well I think I should get a dress on.  Today I might have mixed emotions so it's probably not the best idea if I wore my magic dress." Elena remarked as she walked over to her dressing area.  Flo hopped in after her.  "How about this white one you wore to Vallestrella?" she suggested. 

    "That sounds great Flo!" Elena smiled as she picked up the dress of the hanger and changed into it.  "Great, now what shoes?" she asked.  Flo jumped up and down. 

    "The sparkly ones!!" she exclaimed.  Elena laughed.  "Sparkly it is." and with that said she put on her shoes and headed out towards the garden.  Since she was queen now she didn't have grand council meetings, which she was grateful for. 

  When Elena made it to the garden she noticed Gabe, who was now the general of the guard, picking some roses.  Elena smiled and walked over to him.

"Ooo, nice flowers." She remarked.  Gabe jumped. 

   "Yikes!  Oh, Elena it's just you.  They're for you by the way." He handed her the roses shyly.  Elena gladly took them and smiled.

   "They're lovely, thank you." She held the roses up to her nose and sniffed them.

Gabe blushed.  "Yeah, you're welcome.  "Man, last night was wild!  We sure had a good time." He remarked.  Elena nodded.  "I agree.  It was super fun,  but exhausting!" They both laughed.  

Elena suddenly remembered something.  "Oh!  Here, Gabe.  I meant to give this to you." she handed him a small box.  Gabe's eyes narrowed.  "A box?" he asked.  Elena laughed.  "Open it!" 

Gabe opened the box to find a gold watch inside.  He gasped.  "Oh, wow!  This is neat, Elena.  Thanks!" he blushed.  Elena smiled.  "Of course.  I knew you'd like it, because um, y'see it used to be Esteban's..." she admitted.  Gabe stopped.  "I'm sorry, what?" he asked confused.  

"You heard me.  It used to be Esteban's but I found it in my vanity for some reason." she explained.  Gabe nodded.  "Well, okay.  He won't mind, will he?" he worried.  Elena shook her head.  "Oh, no!  He won't, he forgot about it probably."

Just then, former Dr. Kenna came running through the garden.  She was now taking Armando's place because he was helping his mother out for the fall. "Your highness!  We have a bit of a problem." she exclaimed.  Elena looked worried.  "What happened, Kenna?" she asked.

"Princess Isabel locked herself in her room, again!" she exclaimed.  Elena groaned.  "Ugh!  Okay, well Gabe can you help us?" she asked.  Gabe smiled.  "Sure, Elena." he got out his sword.  Elena smiled at him thoughtfully.  "Great, okay Kenna. Let's go." They all ran to Isabel's room. 

Gabe tried to pry the door open with his sword, but it was no use.  Elena sighed.  "Let's try it the easy way." she knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" a voice called.  "It's me, Elena." she replied.  The door cracked open.  Isabel's dark brown eyes peek out from the crack, once she saw Gabe she immediately closed the door.  

Elena groaned.  "Isa!  C'mon open the door." she demanded softly.  Isabel sighed from behind the door and opened it. "Hey..." she said shyly.  Gabe smiled.  Isabel's eyes narrowed to Kenna. 

"Kenna, can you help me with my schoolwork?" she asked.  Kenna smiled.  "Of course." she brushed off her teal dress and smoothed out her hair.  "I'll see you later, queen." she winked and followed Isabel inside the room.  Gabe blinked.  

"Does Isabel have a problem with me?" he asked.  Elena laughed.  "Nah, y'know I bet she's just overwhelmed now." she assumed.  Gabe nodded.  "Probably.  I better get to my post again.  See you later?" Elena nodded. "Yep!"

Hey everyone!  I hope you enjoyed this chapter, there is obviously more to come.  Stay tuned and I'll be sure to get back to you if you DM me!