Jealousy, jealousy

Isabel and Kenna sat on Isabel's bed reading a book.  Kenna decided to ask Isabel why she was annoyed.

"So, uh Isabel!  How have you been this week?" she asked.  Isabel frowned.  "Fine, I guess.  I'm just a little upset." she admitted.  Kenna frowned.  "What's wrong?" she asked as sweetly as she could.  Isabel sighed.

"It's about Gabe." she grumbled.  Kenna shrugged.  "What's up with Gabe?" she asked, even though she hardly knew him, she thought he was a very likable person.

"Well,  Elena has a big crush on him.  Didn't you see Gabe dancing with Naomi?  He hardly payed attention to Elena!  So what if Elena tells him she likes him but he doesn't like her back?" Isabel worried.

Kenna frowned.  "Um, well I think Naomi and Gabe are just super close friends.  I know he likes Elena aswell.  But do not tell her just yet!  I think I better go and check up on Esteban." she started to walk towards the door.

Isabel stopped her.  "Wait, do you think Gabe really likes her?" she asked hopefully.  Kenna smiled and turned around.  "I'm pretty sure." she opened and then closed the door.  Isabel smiled.  Maybe it wouldn't be so bad after all!

---------------------<3--------------------

Gabe stood at his post near Elena's office.  Now that she was queen, she'd be spending more and more time there each day.  Elena was inside working on some new trading paperwork.  Since she was queen, some changes had to be made and fast.  She sighed as she gazed at all the papers around her.  If she could just get this done she could finally ask Gabe the big question.  Suddenly, there was a knock at the door.

"Come in." Elena called.  Gabe popped out from the door with a grin on his face.  "Hey, Elena.  I don't mean to disturb you but uh just letting you know that I'm here!" he beamed.  Elena blushed.

"Aw, I'm glad you're- I mean um, thanks General!  I'll see you around." she tried to hide her excitement as best as she could.  Gabe smiled again.  "Need any help?" he asked, noticing her expression.  Elena sighed and nodded sadly.

"I'm afraid so.  Naomi is busy with somebody and Esteban went out.  I really could use a hand." she explained.  Gabe grabbed her hand.  "I'll help.  What do you need me to do?  I'm all ears!" he replied proudly.

Elena giggled and flipped through the paperwork.  "Just keep me company.  It gets so lonely here." she admitted.  Gabe understood.  He'd been lonely many times.  Most of the guards either were married, engaged or had girlfriends.  He did not.  He was often teased because of that.  Mateo and Carla had a few sparks the previous night.  Gabe did not trust Carla as much as the others, but it didn't matter.  He wasn't going out with her.  Naomi wasn't the type to date or have an interest in love life.  He could be wrong, but when he danced with Naomi, he felt that she was just hanging out with him as a friend.  Back in Norberg,  he seriously wanted to spend time with Elena.  Chloe got the hint that he was interested in Naomi, which was not true.  

As he and Elena chatted about things, somebody burst in the room.  Naomi, of course.

"Hey!  I'm so sorry but Marzel wanted to show me-" she began but Elena laughed.  "Wow!  I've never seen you so happy.  What on earth happened?" she asked.  Naomi smiled.  "Marzel and I went on a small tour of Coronado.  It was AMAZING!  I saw so many ships, I sort of acted like a braniac but I think Marzel enjoyed it.  Oh, and we also had seawee-"  Gabe smirked.  Naomi stopped.  Uh oh, she was obsessing over a BOY.  Why on earth would she do a thing like that?  She'd never had an interest in them, except for Marzel.  That was one heck of a boy.

"What-" Naomi asked slowly glancing at her friends' faces.  Elena laughed.  "You can't fool a General and a Queen, Naomi.  I'm so happy for you!" Elena ran over to hug her best friend.  Gabe smiled.  Naomi frowned.  "Nah, he's okay.  I'm not into him!" she lied.