Chapter 3

(Loki POV)

It had been 16 years since the attack of New York and the avengers had finally agreed to let me live in New Asgard alongside my brother, Thor. Our home had been destroyed by our sister, Hela, in a great battle. I proved to the avengers and hopefully all other humans that I had changed. I was no longer full of pain and anger, no longer resentful of Thor, I was still scorned from my past but I had learned to control my emotions and not let them get the better of me. I was changed.

Since living on Earth I'd learned the customs of being mortal, as mortal as a Demi-god could be that is. I'd discovered the joys of some of their ways, how they all seemed so happy by the simplest things like sunsets, how they all seemed obsessed with coffee and most of all the literature. They had such a wide selection of books, on topics I'd never heard of before such as building computers, recipes of food I'd never tried, how to care for pets, heck even how to make friends. I'd drowned myself in knowledge of humans, trying to understand them as best as I could to help prove to everyone that I could do this, I could live a life and be content.

That's what partly made me want to leave New Asgard, I wanted to see more of the world and meet humans of this planet. All the townsfolk here seemed happy enough just fishing and drinking, it had appealed to me for many months too, but now I wanted more. I wanted to have an adventure of my own, discover places I'd not seen before and maybe eat more food I'd never tasted before. Thor wasn't completely keen on the idea, I suppose I've betrayed his trust enough times for him to question my motives. Which meant he was accompanying me alongside his friend Steve Rogers aka Captain America and Bruce Banner aka Hulk.

It had been a month since leaving New Asgard, we'd all been staying in an apartment in Kent discovering all that it had to offer. It was a big county in England, it had lots of seasides towns and countryside villages. There was some nice appeal, but it wasn't anything extraordinary, to be honest I think Thor had grown bored of the place. Whereas the rest of us seemed happy to explore and eat sticks of rock, Hulk liked the peacefulness of the place, while Steve seemed to like how everyone spoke to one another, something apparently people did more back in the 50's or whenever he was a young man.

I was out alone, something all three men had reluctantly agreed I could do if only I told them my rough plan for the day. I was walking along an old town with cobblestone roads, shop doors either side of me were painting in bold colours of the rainbow. It was a really picturesque view down to the glistening sea and a long rustic harbour that stretched out for miles finishing with an old lighthouse at the very end. Suddenly my eyes caught site of a book shop. Jackpot I thought as I made my way inside pulling the heavy door. The vast majority of the shop was a bookstore with only a small cafe in the corner, I could see the delicious selection of cakes from where I stood as the strong scent of coffee danced up my nose. Turning away from the cafe and heading into the forest of books I was amazed by the sheer volume of literature coating the shelves.

Then suddenly it was like all air had been sucked out of me, like the whole world just stopped turning as I laid eyes on the most mesmerising person i'd ever seen. She was walking along slowly stroking different spines of books and smiling to herself without a care in the world. She was absolutely breathtaking. Her icy blonde hair sat in loose waves and curls down to her chest, her eyes were knitted shut but I could only imagine how beautiful her iris' could be. She was short, much much shorter than me, yet her legs still managed to look endless, she had such dainty hands with fingernails painted black. Her face was gorgeous, all soft and rosy with a smile that lit up her entire face, she was truly a sight to behold and i couldn't pull myself out of the trance she had me under.