Chapter 7

(Loki's POV)

I got back to the apartment to see it was empty, relief washed over me as I leant against the closed front door. I was grateful for the solitude, I didn't want to have to answer questions on how my day was or did do anything fun. In truth I was feeling so much that I needed time to unpack it all, time to register my thoughts and gain some clarity. I am a Demi-god, a prince, I couldn't possibly be attracted to a moral, even if she was gorgeous. No stop that, I can't just race after a woman I know nothing about, lose my head over a girl. But it was no use, she occupied my thoughts for the rest of the day, bleeding into the night. Thor, Steve and Bruce must've assumed I was just being my usual gloomy self, as I locked myself away in my room with the book I'd bought earlier. I sat up all night to finish it, maybe I could go back into the book store again and talk to her about it, after all she seemed so happy that I'd chose this book of all things to buy.

I felt like death, I barely slept a wink last night and I wasn't feeling completely myself. Yesterday had thrown me and I had half the mind to call this trip off early and return back to New Asgard vowing to never leave again. Unfortunately I didn't want to do that, to go back and pretend I hadn't just met the most intriguing person I'd ever encountered before. Pulling myself from my thoughts I began getting ready for the day, it was a weekend which meant places were busier as humans didn't work as often at weekends. I wonder if she works weekends? Shaking my head in frustration with myself I stood under the shower blasting myself with hot water, reliving some tension in my shoulders.

Once I'd finished getting ready I headed downstairs. Three pairs of eyes clapped hold of me, eyeing up my every move as I strolled into the kitchen. They all seemed to exchange looks then back to me, it was quite annoying to tell the truth. Having people not trust me was normal, but to be so obvious about it right before breakfast was just rude.
"Brother, did you sleep well?" Thor asked, caution coating his booming voice.
I only furrowed my brows as a response before pouring myself a bowl of cookie crisp, one of earths better inventions.
"Loki, you seem shaken, what's happened that we need to be aware of. If you're about to try and betray us you won't get away with it" the righteous American spoke.
I didn't care what he thought, what any of them thought of me, but something about how people always jumped to that conclusion made my blood boil this morning. Had I not proven myself to them, had they really no faith in me.
"Aha, so will this always be the way? You all waiting for me to mess up? For you to all judge me in anticipation to be the first to say I told you so" This made the men shuffle around  looking anywhere but at me. I'd hit the nail on the head.
"For your information I am fine. Yesterday something happened that threw me off, something I do not wish to speak about with the likes of you. I have no intentions of betraying you, it wouldn't be worth my time anyway." And with that i stormed out the house, not caring to see the men's stupid facial expressions or hear their stupid words. I needed to be out of there.