Chapter 1

Hey, note that this is unedited and lazy. I'll make sure to upload the second chapter soon, so stay updated and please leave some feedback ^^

An endless process of committed suicides is how Ian has always lived, and really, quite enjoyed. For him, suicide wasn't major, it wasn't graphic, it was something more like reaching heaven and back. It was an indescribable feeling that he could never express. Being an immortal man in a mortal city was just how he liked it, and that's how it would always be— unless, someone took advantage of his immortality, of course. But c'mon, who would do that? No one knows about it anyway. No one will ever find out. He hoped.

The temperature was nearly life-threatening, so cold that it made the blonde's jaw shake with great speed. Who even goes out at this time of the night anyway? 3 AM and this stupid boy is wandering around town, going to a playground. He was grown, too old to even set foot near a swing set, but no one was there to judge. He always loved the playground, especially at night. No freezing temperatures could stop him from that.

As Ian neared the playground, he felt warmth. A feeling that always seems to touch him as he reaches this place. It brought back nostalgia, comfort, euphoria, all sorts of feelings, some that even he himself couldn't express. This was the place where he found out, where he found out about it all. His immortality, his suicidal urges, his lust. He killed on this place's grounds, he urged for it every time. But he didn't harm others, no, he only ever hurt himself, and that was enough. He can't ask for more, he has enough already.

He looked down at his hands shivering, standing on the pebbled playground path. It was still cold, even with the warm feeling he got, it was still as cold as ever. His jaw shook even more, attempting to rub his hands together to form a sort of warmth. It barely worked, so he shoved them back into his pocket, padding up to the slide. He ended up reaching the stairs, plugging in his earphones as he did so. Reaching the slide, he sat down, looking up just to be greeted by the slide's ceiling, it's not like he was expecting something else.

He breathed in the cold air, for once actually being relaxed by it. It was... a euphoric feeling. He loved it oh so much. Nothing interesting was even happening, and that's what he enjoyed. He liked the old things, the ones that bring back nostalgia. Things that can make you sigh and close your eyes with a smile, lying down with your arms spread wide thinking about the good memories. Maybe this playground was his life; after all, it's the only place that brought him peace. Not even his own home relaxed him as much at this stupid slide, not even his own bed— although that is his second favorite, to say the least.

He pressed his back against the cramped slide's wall, swooshing his head back as peace took over him. He wished this moment would last forever. Oh how much he wished. But no, everything gets ruined sooner or later., even his own fate can't control that.

Buzz

Vibrations came from his pant pocket, sending a yelp out of Ian's mouth. Who the fuck was texting him at 3 AM in the morning? None of his friends or relatives, that's for sure. Everyone one he knows has their own priorities in the mornings, most being things like work or college. He reached his hand in his back pocket, letting out a frustrated sigh. Ian looked at his phone screen, the bright light blinding him, making his hand rise to his eyes, all he could see was white. As his eyes adjusted, he was greeted by a text notification, stating its a video attachment from a random number that wasn't yet in his contacts. As weird as that was, Ian didn't care so he clicked in it anyway, putting in his password in the process.

Eyes shot open with surprise, staring intensely at the frozen snapshot of the video in front of him. It was blurry, as if the video was being recorded by a shaky pair of hands. It showed a woman with hands tied behind her, naked from head to toe sitting on a wooden chair. Many mounts of cuts and bruises were on her body. Ian's jaw stopped shaking. He stared. He started until a crooked sickening smile appeared on his own face. And a raging laugh escaped from his lips. The image. Fuck... the image!!! It was sickeningly beautiful, the woman's body was gorgeous. So gorgeous that Ian brought his hand up to the mouth, biting on his fingernail, still having the sickening smile rest on his face. He couldn't see her face, and hell he hasn't even played the video yet, but he knew this was going to be good. He knew this was going to be real. No man would send an edited clip of a woman cut up, no man was sick enough to do that as a mere joke. No, this was on purpose. Whoever this man was, he knew what he was getting himself into.