🎀 ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟡 🎀

Jeez the long awaited Chapter 9 that I procrastinated on writing for two months <33

I'm literally so tired from classes, but I'm back.

THANKS FOR ALL THE LOVE, PLEASE ENJOY! 🥲

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aggh," I yawned as I stretched my arms in the air, the morning sun eagerly seeping into my room. "Damn my eyes-!" I quickly used my arms to shield my face from the light. Throwing my cover to the side I stepped on the chilly wooden floor. With a couple creeks of the rough ground, I approached my barrack door and opened it. Fresh soldiers ran around, all seemed excited that they survived training. Shutting the door I sighed as I thought of the question that had been nagging me since last night. Do I really want to join the MP's?

"F/N!" A hearty voice called my name followed by a soft knock on the door.

"Eren is that you?" I questioned.

"Yeah, I heard you were still here!" He exclaimed.

I quickly swung the door open, "I am still here, I'm just considering what I should do..-"

"You mean you're stuck on what regiment you want to join?"

"You read me like a book.."

Eren put his hand on my shoulder, "Why don't you join us today?"

I gave an odd look.

"Oh right, you don't know," Eren laughed, "As new soldiers, we were given the task to clean and sort things on the wall. It's not a big task, but I want you to come!"

"Sure I'll be there, and maybe it'll help me decide."

"Great, get your gear and uniform, then meet me at that fountain in front of the workshop."

Eren waved and shot a small smile before leaving, "He's so sweet.." I grinned as I went to gather my clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*ZIP, ZIP*

Eren and I ran up the wall, our ODM gear hauling us up as we quickly reached the top.

Looking around Marco, Connie, Sasha, and many more of our friends were scrubbing the cannons, transporting metal poles, and lifting wooden crates

"Eren, why are you late?" Marco grunted as he shook under the weight of a heavy crate.

Eren ran over to try and even out the weight, "Sorry I was with F/N"

"Oh alright," Marco continued walking, then paused, "Wait F/N- Shadis said you were gonna join the MP's!"

I smiled, "I'm still deciding!"

After small talk, we all got to business. We worked our asses off..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Thank god that's over, my hands are blistering from holding those stupid crates.." Marco mumbled, wiping sweat beads off his forehead.

"Those cannons were so grimy!" Thomas groaned.

"I know right, I have gunpowder all on my palms." I agreed.

"Wait, Connie, I have a question." Eren turned towards the unsuspecting boy, "I thought you were joining the MP's, why are you with the Recon Corps?"

"It's because of that speech you made," Mina beamed.

"Shut up, this was my own decision!" Connie defended.

Suddenly a female voice cut in, "Um guys.." There stood a mischievous looking Sasha hiding something in her jacket. "I borrowed some meat from the officers' morning rations."

"No way what!?" Eren shrieked.

"You're an idiot!" Marco shuddered.

Everyone reprimanded Sasha but she wasn't phased, "Let's all split it up together later, we'll slice it up and eat it with bread!" She drooled.

The wall was silent apart from the crisp breeze and the indistinct chatter fifty meters below. The realization of how rare meat was after the titans attacked finally hit, "I'll take that meat!" Marco shouted.

"Me too, so save my part!" Connie chimed in.

"That goes for me too." Mina snickered.

Eren and I watched as they all chuckled and got back to work.

"F/N could you help with the inside of this cannon?" Connie bellowed.

"Yeah of course!" I neared the edge of the wall and connected my ODM gear to it. Taking a rag I confirmed my gear was firmly latching into the stone.

"Be careful "F/N," Connie warned. "That's a long way down!"

"Shut the hell up you bastard!" I sneered.

I lowered myself enough to where I was inches from the barrel. Using the rag I scrubbed the interior of the cannon, removing all of the old dust and gunpowder.

"Done?" Connie asked.

"Yeah it looks fin-" I went to speak when a haunting sight blinded me. A bolt of lightning struck right behind me. The wind picked up as hot steam hid me from my companions and harshly slammed me against the wall. My body felt heavy and my hands slipped from my ODM trigger. The anchor unlatched from the wall and I was left numbly falling off the wall...

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED CHAPTER 9

Ahahahah cliffhanger >:D