Interlude

Dear Reader,

Whether you're me, a friend, an enemy, Martin Brenner or a stranger; you've gotten this far. If you're me, good luck. And do be more careful not to forget. It's extremely annoying when you do that. If you're an enemy, you're about to hit the jackpot of things that will cause me pain. If you're Martin Brenner, do the following:

go f*ck yourselfgo to helldon't try to pretend you care cos I know you don't

If you're a stranger, please advise: if you're under the age of 16 (18, if you're American), there will be very adult things described in future chapters. So, even if you're mature enough to handle it, please be cautious as you read. Finally, if you're a friend, now you see. You understand why it's really hard to talk about my real childhood. No, the false one isn't much better. I know, but at least it was a childhood.

For the stranger and the enemy that I'm overlooking (for now): I'd chosen an old woman who lost her daughter as my false Gran. That woman was my chosen mother, and unfortunately, she took her life. If I'd actually grown up in the present period, I would've been around 7. Like I said, the false childhood isn't much better. The 5 years leading up to 2023 were actual hell, if you were there. My Gran and I were. We had each other. But, half the population of the world was gone. Sound familiar? No? Well, have you seen the film Avengers: Infinity War? So, the ending of that film was bleak. Even bleaker? The fact that it actually happened. But, if you've seen Avengers: Endgame, you'll remember that everyone came back! Then, things got bad again. The day the Earth suddenly died and then came back to life in 2024, the COVID-19 crisis this year, to name a few. But, now you'll know how difficult September, October, and the first day of November were for me. It was absolutely intense. But the one good thing that came out of it was that Eleven and I found each other again. Technically, she found me. For the purpose of understanding my confusion as it happened in real-time, I will not bring up my life as Subject 012. I won't address Eleven as Eleven until the moment I realized who she was. I won't tell you what really happened to Sandy until the moment arrives. In other words, I won't spoil things for you.

Except, Papa. I will still address you. You are a constant in my life. And it's become far too difficult for me to run from the fact that you will follow me. No matter what happens. You'll find me. You were right. I am a fool. But you're an even bigger one.

Now, let me reintroduce myself. My name is Eloise Turner. Most people call me Ellie. And I have a gift.