Chapter 12

Thalia's pov
I couldn't help but to hide behind dad as he opened the front door,a well dressed man was standing on the side.he had some guards,i felt goosebumps on your arm.i wanted to count how many guards this guy head but all of my thoughts were cut off by the man greeting my dad in Italian,he greeted me as well but in English.it seemed strange to me that he greeted my dad in Italian but me in English,I shrugged it off as dad allowed him inside the house."I'm Santino D'Antonio."he introduced himself."I'm Thalia."I introduced myself in Italian,he seemed impressed.

They start to walk down the hallway,I follow dad into the kitchen as Santino sat in the living room."who is that guy?"I whispered asked dad as he made coffee,"I'm sorry to hear about your wife John."Santino said."and the dog,does he have a name?"he asked,i flinched a bit."No,we didn't decide on a name yet."John replied,I immediately walked out of the kitchen and towards dog.

Santino could tell I was protective over dog,"don't worry,I won't do anything to your dog."he reassured me."you better not."I mumbled,dad and Santino sit at the table in the living room.i didn't want to eavesdrop but I couldn't help my self,so I eavesdropped on their conversation.

"Listen John with all sincerity,I don't want to be here."

"please,don't.I'm asking you not do do this."

I've never heard my dad beg before.this must be really serious,i sneakily hid behind the couch.

"I'm sorry,no one gets out and comes back without repercussions."

I saw him pulling out a large metal medallion from his pocket,he placed it in front of my dad.i quietly gulped,not wanting to give away that I was eavesdropping on their conversation.as i listened to their conversation I studied my dad's facial expressions,he was clearly upset.Santino then got up and walked out of the house,he didn't even see me hiding behind the couch.I slowly got up,"dad what did he mean by consequences?"i immediately asked my dad."don't worry about it too much Thalia,I'll handle it."he tried to reassure me,he could tell I was feeling uneasy about all of this."it's gonna be ok Thalia."he said,he gently hugged me."i love you dad."i said as I hugged him back,"I l-"we then heard something break.