Chapter 6

LISA MEETS BAE JOO HYUN

THIRD PERSON POV

Jisoo and Lisa have been in Boston for almost two weeks already. Both girls are enjoying their time together; they spent a lot of time strolling through the streets of Boston because once school starts they know they won't have much time to have fun. They already posted and gave out flyers to students on their campus; they had a few calls. Mostly from men, those thirsty men who think they could get in their pants by being roommates with Jisoo and Lisa. But hate to break it to you, they're part of the LGBTQIA+ community. They love women, not some horny men.

Lisa decided to pick up the camera she had ordered from a shop just around the corner from their apartment. Her current roommate was busy having a conversation with her lover so it was impossible to pull her out of the apartment. She and Rosé talked for a few minutes before letting the couple have a private moment. She wanted to see Jennie, but luck wasn't on her side when Rosé told her that Jennie was at their campus fixing some school requirements. The sun was about to set; she was admiring the sudden change of colors of the sky when she bumped into a petite woman with her black hair tied in a messy bun. It seems like they were both distracted that caused the collision.

"Oh my God!! I'm sorry, miss. I wasn't looking ahead. Are you okay? Here, let me help you. Are you hurt?" Lisa was apologizing to the unknown woman as she was picking up books, papers, and clothes... clothes? She was confused, but as if the wind blew gently in the face of the woman she bumped into, Lisa was mesmerized by her beauty. The woman was indeed beautiful.

"No, it's fine! I wasn't looking as well. I apologize for my clumsiness. I spaced out for a moment. Thank you though!" She bowed and smiled at Lisa.

"Uh... It's fine....?"

"Irene, my name is Bae Joo-hyun but you can just call me Irene. And you are?" Irene held her hand out "Oh yeah, where are my manners? I'm Lalisa Manoban, but Lisa is fine." Lisa immediately took it and shook hands.

"So, Irene, it seems like you are going somewhere with all of the things that you are carrying. I'm not a creep. Promise. Oh gosh, I sound like one don't I?" Lisa laughed nervously. "I just... Ugh. Sorry, but I can accompany you if you want? Promise, I'm not a bad person."

Irene giggled and scratched her neck. "That's the problem. I don't know where to go. I left my dorm because my roommate and her boyfriend keep on fucking nonstop, even though I'm on the other side of the room. It's disgusting and I can't take it anymore. I left without realizing I have nowhere to go. But don't worry, I can manage, goodby-"

As if a lightbulb was lit inside Lisa's brain, she cut Irene off and smiled at her from ear to ear. Irene gave her a confused look and was waiting for the latter to speak up.

"Oh!! That's great! I mean, not the whole situation with your former roommate; it was indeed gross. What I meant was, my best friend and I are looking for a new roommate, we have a spare room in our apartment. It's just near the campus and I'm sure you'll love it!!"

"Oh okay? But how would I know you wouldn't kidnap and murder me? We basically just met and I don't know if you're into cannibalism or some sort... Uhhh, no offense."

"HAHAHA none taken! I see that you are into true crime stories. Are you somehow listening to Stephanie Soo's podcast on Spotify? Or her mukbang videos on YouTube? Anyway, I'm not a criminal, I promise. We just really want someone to occupy the vacant room; the apartment is fcking huge for just two people, plus I'm starting to get annoyed with my best friend's voice; my ears need to hear a new voice aside from hers. And I am too hot to be some kind of serial killer, you know?" She said while wiggling her eyebrows. Irene chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"Okay, sorry, you don't look like one. The hot part, I don't see it though? Kidding. I'm afraid I still have to decline Lisa. I can't afford living in a luxurious apartment outside the University. I don't have enough money to pay for it; dorms inside the colleges are much cheaper, so I think I have to deny your offer. Thank you though!"

Irene was about to pick her bag up again when Lisa quickly carried all her stuff and walked away, leaving the shorter girl shocked. She ran towards Lisa and pulled her bag from her.

"Y-yah!! You said you're not a criminal! You're stealing my stuff, give it back, Lisa!!"

"Oh hush now, Irene, just follow me, okay? We have to go home, it's getting dark. And about the rent fees, don't worry, it's fully paid already. You don't have to worry about it. Come on!! Move your short legs. Jisoo might be getting worried."

"Did you just insult my height?! You giraffe-looking woman, you've just insulted The Bae Joo-Hyun. I'm older than you, kid, you'll pay for this."

:-:-:

Entering their apartment, they've been welcomed by the delicious smell of food. Irene was hesitant to enter, but Lisa held her arm and pulled her inside. She looked around the apartment. Actually, it's more like a house than an ordinary flat and Irene was a little shocked. 'They must be daughters of some Richie-rich family. This apartment is not just big; it's elegant as well.' Still admiring the place, she saw a woman talking to someone on her phone while preparing the food on the table. She felt shy because the woman looked like a model, straight out of a fashion magazine. Well, she thought the same when she saw Lisa earlier. Lisa looked like a barbie doll with her long legs and plump lips.

"Okay, noted. Listen, I'll call you again later, love. I think we have a visitor. No, no, not my visitor. I think she's Lisa's friend. I'll update you later. Yeah, have a nice day Rosé! I love you too."

"I love you too." Lisa said in a mocking tone. "Jisoo unnie, have some respect for those who don't have any love life, okay? Oh, by the way! I finally found our new roommate!!" She gestured to Irene to come closer.

"Irene, this is Jisoo. Jisoo this is Irene. We've met near the campus and she has nowhere to go; she had some issues with her former roommate, so I offered her our place. Perfect isn't it?!" Irene was smiling at Jisoo, but the woman kept a straight face. She almost thought that this girl would kick her out or worse, kill her on the spot. She must really stop watching true crime documentaries. She was about to apologize and leave when Jisoo hugged her. Yes, hugged her. She wasn't ready for that; one moment she felt her life was in danger, and the next second she felt like they were friends already for a long time.

"Yes!! Thank you for agreeing to be our new roommate! I don't know if I could still survive another day with this monkey right here. I'm Kim Jisoo! I'm glad to meet you, Irene!"

"Uhh- Thank you also, Jisoo! For the warm welcome. Now, I don't have any second thoughts about whether the two of you are best friends because I can tell that you two blend well with each other."

They spent the rest of the night getting to know each other. The trio quickly became comfortable with each other. Irene felt relieved to know that maybe the two dorks in front of her would be her close friends for a long time. Irene is older than the two; she's now in her second year in College and will be taking up Medicine as well right after. A new friendship bloomed that night, a new bond that no one expected to happen.

_________________________________________________

A/N:

Hi! Sorry it took a while for me to update. I wasn't in the mood to check social media and post stuff, I apologize. :( But I hope you liked the new Chapter! I wanted to add a little bit of Lisrene, I think it's kinda cute BUT JENLISA all the way, for sureeee! 

P.S. If you like this Chapter, please vote for it! It would mean so much. Thank you!! Stay safe and healthy.

P.P.S. I hope you are all doing fine. If not, I want you to know that you are precious and this world is so lucky to have you. It's not bad to take some rest, but be sure to get back up and live again. :)