Chapter 1

I laid lazingly on my bed and looked at my phone as it kept on buzzing. I flung it on the other side of the bed out of dismay. It was my cousin, or maybe my cousin's friend, Sam.
I had been introduced to him some weeks ago, after I had forwarded my pictures to my cousin. She kept on flattering me, telling me how beautiful I looked, that her friend, Sam, couldn't help but fall in love with me. I flushed slightly when she told me about how he has been crushing on me and wanting to speak to me. After some days, I finally agreed to speak with him. I had chatted him up on a social media platform, we talked for a while, but my type of person didn't let me believe he was interesting. So, after the first conversation I had with him that day, I flattened whatever conversation he tried to bring up the following day. He even sent me snaps on snapchat, but I didn't bother myself trying to get to know him better. This continued for two weeks consistently, I never missed a chance to snub him. Some days ago, I got a call from my cousin. She scolded me for snubbing Sam on various occasions.
"Jessica!", She had screamed repeatedly. "Why do you always have to be a snub! Don't you know you're pushing a lot of people away from you?"
"Oh Dera, I'm so sorry", I mumbled apologetically. I didn't even know what exactly to say to her. "Ever since I got to college, I've been so caught up with several activities, that I barely have time for myself"
Ever since I got to college, I've always blamed my laziness to activities, misdemeanors, and my inability to handle relationships in my school life. It was the perfect and easiest excuse to tell someone who tries to hit on me and my anti-social life.
Dera sympathized with me and told me to still find a time to speak with him, not just texts but on calls. I simply agreed to that, because I didn't have the capacity to start debating with her.
I promised her that I'll be free on Friday evening, to be precise 6.00pm, and she said a yes to this.

Now here I am, Friday evening, five minutes passed 6 and I'm still not attending to the phone calls.
The phone rang repeatedly and I tried all I could to ignore it.
Why can't people understand that life isn't all about love. Infact, love is the root cause of all problems.
Everyone keeps on talking about love but no one knows the meaning. I've been working on a project for two years now, trying to prove that Love is infact the foundation of all problems in the world.
I've had several discussions with my philosophy lecturer and she tries to push whatever concept I bring up under the carpet. That doesn't change the truth of the situation about Love being the root cause of all problems. I quickly sat up, moved to my chest drawer and brought out my laptop. I opened the documents I've been working on concerning love.
I named the untitled document 'The difference between Love and Money".

I played my favourite song by Raldoph and started typing on my MacBook.

''Another point to prove that love is the cause of all problems: First of all, in as much as you're in this world, issues will always be present. It follows you like your shadow, and the older you get, the bigger it becomes.
We all know that everyone wants to avoid problems and live a good life without a bad history, but like I stated earlier indirectly, 'it's not possible'. You may ask, how is this related to *Love being the root cause of all problems*? I'm going to tell you how. If the world wasn't in existence, then problems will also die with it. God, our heavenly creator, had the chance to destroy the world after Adam and Eve had disobeyed him, but he didn't. Instead, he continued to have compassion for the world we live in. Which is an attribute of love. Don't take my words for it. Take the words of the bible in John 3:26(KJV) it says, "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him shall not perish but have an everlasting life."
From the scripture quoted above, you find out that Love is infact a driving force that causes good things to happen but with a terrible and painstaking problem, that contains 95percent of the percentage that love and happiness have to offer.
If God had not loved the world, then he wouldn't have sent his son to die on behalf of the world, stating that love has to do with sacrifices and patience. Despite the Love God had shown the world, majority of the people living in it still disobeys Him and the word He has commanded them to do."