The start of it all

Lilah Jordan's blue eyes flash open just as her cousin is about to jump on her to wake her up and she rolls out of the way and lands on her feet. She raises an eyebrow at her cousin.

"Really? Was that necessary? Can't you wake me up like any normal person would?" She asks him with a raised eyebrow.

"Where's the fun in that lil cuz? Now hurry up! Aunty says breakfast is ready!" He calls over his shoulder. Lilah rolls her eyes before quickly getting dressed and heading downstairs for breakfast. 

"Morning Mummy and Daddy dearest and weirdo" Lilah gives her Dad a kiss on the cheek and smiles at her mum and slaps her cousin upside the head.

"Ouch! Aunty! Uncle! Lilah hit me!" Lee says rubbing his head and complaining. Andrea Jordan gives her daughter a disapproving look while her husband Thomas just laughs. 

"No hitting your cousin. Now Lilah, Lee is taking you to Diagon Alley as your father and I cannot go as we both have to work. Please Lee, look out for her."  Lilah gets really excited but a little upset. Since learning about magic, she dreamt of going to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry if she turned out to be a witch and she got her letter two weeks ago. She was hoping her parents would be taking her but unfortunately as her parents are both very important lawyers, they couldn't get the time off so her older cousin Lee Jordan agreed to take her. Lee's mom and Lilah's dad are siblings and Lee's dad is a half-blood wizard. As neither of Lilah's parents are magical she is known as what is a muggle-born witch. Soon Thomas and Andrea Jordan are on their way to work while the cousins are on their way to Diagon Alley. Lee notices the frown on his cousin's face and starts to attempt to cheer her up. When they get to the Alley, the first thing Lee does is take her to get a pet. Lilah smiles softly as she roams the pet store with her cousin in tow. She founds a beautiful Tonkinese kitten that walks up to her and starts to softly purr. The cousins quickly pay for the kitten and leave the store. Next they go to the book store and buy all of their required books for the school year. After that, they head into Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions to get Lilah's school robes. After that, they go to the potions place and get their potions supplies. After that, they head to Olivander's Wand shop to get Lilah's wand which is a pear wood with a unicorn hair core, 10 ¾" and quite bendy flexibility. 

"Hey! I have an idea! Why don't we go get some ice cream? I got some money leftover! My treat for getting into Hogwarts!" Lee says excitedly as the two cousins head toward Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour to get the promised ice cream. They head inside and Lee and Lilah order their ice cream. Lee orders a toffee ice cream sundae like he always does and Lilah gets a coffee and butterbeer ice cream with hot fudge sauce and strawberries. They head outside to walk around with their ice creams when Lilah spots a boy around her age getting pushed around by a dark haired girl who also looks her age. She hands her ice cream to her cousin who looks confused and she marches over and lightly shoves the girl.

"Hey! Leave him alone! Or you have to deal with me!" She said glaring fiercely at the girl. The girl spits on Lilah's face and storms off. Lilah turns to the boy on the ground and helps him up.

"Are you okay?" Lilah asks him. The boy nods his head.

"T-t-t-thanks. I'm...."