chapter nine

"What do you want to do after you get out of this hell hole?" Arabella asked Alex.

It was eight thirty on a Monday morning which meant that Alex and Arabella were in tutor.

"Matt, Jamie, Andy and I are gonna start a band." Alex answered. "What about you?"

"I want to be an actress." Arabella replied.

"You're dramatic enough for it." Alex joked.

"'u're hilarious 'u are." Arabella rolled her eyes. "You better write a song about me."

"I might, you never know." Alex shrugged.

"Oh do you want to come round mine after school?" Arabella asked. "I need help with the physics homework."

"Sure." Alex took the offer.

"I want to stop by the bakery on the way." Arabella informed Alex.

"Okay." Alex responded.

***

"Oi Cookie, what's the answer to number seven?" Arabella whispered.

"I'm not telling you." Jamie replied.

"Boo you whore." Arabella rolled my eyes.

She tapped her pen against her desk.

"Matt, you know how i'm your favourite person ever..." She started.

"John Lennon's my favourite person." Matt interrupted her. "And no i'm not giving you the answers, this is a test may I remind you."

"You're not fun." She slouched in her chair.

Arabella was struggling with the test. She couldn't remember anything.

"I'm going to fail." She muttered to herself.

"Number seven is nineteen." Alex mumbled.

"You mean more to me than Queen does." Arabella awed.

"Thanks." Alex replied sarcastically.

"I mean it." Arabella winked at him.

She finished her paper with ease all thanks to Alex.

***

"This is my house." Arabella announced as she and Alex walked through the door.

"It looks nice." Alex complimented it.

It was nice. Arabella had always wondered how it looked so nice with the way her family was. She realised that as soon as her mum got money, it would go on the house or bills or food before it would go to alcohol and drugs.

"Is that Alex I hear?" Bowie asked as she entered the hallway. "It's good to see you again Alex."

"It's nice to see you too." Alex smiled at the older Hamilton girl.

"I'm going to pick up Dexter but i'll be back and then i'll put dinner on." Bow informed the two. "Are you staying for dinner Alex?"

"Yes I am." Alex answered.

"Great." Bow grinned. "We're having pasta bake with garlic bread, how does that sound?"

"It sounds fantastic." Alex nodded.

"Right well, we'll be upstairs revising." Arabella interrupted the two before Alex was drawn into one of Bowie's never ending conversations.