Chapter 1

He squinted staring through the darkness, trying to see if he could spot anything. Perhaps a familiar building, or something. Of course it was way too dark to see anything and this made it difficult for him. Then a thought struck him. Where was Ally? Where was Nadwe? Where was Joocie, Laff, and Blaza? They were just with him. What about Socks? Was he alright? He didn't know and that made him worried. The person he was most worried about was Nadwe. Nadwe was young and after seeing his friend get absolutely pummeled down an Elevator shaft, he couldn't imagine how that would affect him. Meme could still hear the sickening crunch as Muffin hit the bottom of the elevator. He winced as he remembered the scream. He glanced through the darkness again and saw bright yellow eyes peering back at him. He took a step back and the other person took a step forward. There was pure hate in those eyes, undying savage hate. The person let out a low growl and leaped at him. The last thing Meme saw was a bright orange hoodie.

He shot awake, hitting his head on the side of the helicopter he had been leaning next to.
"Ow.." He groaned, rubbing his head. He then realized what he had just seen was just a dream and he sighed. It was night, he must have dozed off. His hand went to his leg which was in pain. He wondered if it was broken. Probably isn't it would be more bendy, I guess. Meme thought deliriously, More crooked. Maybe it's dislocated. Meme ran through all the possibilities in his head. Dislocated, Small broken bone, maybe he was just sore. Whatever it was his leg was still in a lot of pain. He glanced up at the lopsided helicopter. It had crashed after Laff shot the pilot. Meme glanced over at the pilot's body leaning up against the brick wall. A bullet hole in his chest. Meme had deemed this area, 'Crash Course'. He liked the name, he thought it suited the area. He closed his eyes and pictured a sign that read 'Welcome to Crash Course! The easiest thing you will be doing here is crashing!'
"Well it's not wrong." He muttered to himself. The plane had a small flame that lit up the area. Ally and Nadwe were sitting together. Ally was unloading and reloading as fast as she could, while Nadwe was the stopwatch. Phones and anything electric was rare now. It would just be pure luck that they would find a stopwatch that had batteries inside. Semi Lucky if it was a stopwatch that had its batteries raided for flashlights. He could hear Nadwe distantly counting up and stopping to tell Ally her final time to which she would say,

"Let me try again." Then Nadwe would start counting again. Rinse and repeat. He turned his head to see Joocie leaning near the fire, snoring. He was asleep, it was hard to tell because his hair was in his eyes but he was definitely asleep. Laff and Blaza were sitting with each other, exchanging conversation and health kits. Blaza had some burns on his leg that Laff was bandaging up tightly, wrapping the gauze around the wound. Blaza wincing and sharply breathing in every time Laff wound the roll around, tightening it with each go. Meme tried to stand up and found that he could. He limped over to them, Laff looking up and smiling, his gas mask lay to his side. Blaza still stared at his wounded leg, tears forming in the corner of his eyes.

"Do you guys need help?" He asked. Laff chuckled and nodded.

"Yeah that would be appreciated," Laff said. Meme leaned down and Laff handed him the roll of bandages. Meme began to wrap it around the leg. Eventually he stopped when he thought that it should be enough. "Thanks Mate, how are youse holding up?" Laff asked, his accent heard along with his concerned tone.

"I'm holding up as best as I can." Meme responded solemnly. Laff nodded and reached into his bag; he pulled out a small rock and turned to his axe.
"I've only seen this on TV. I don't know if it will work like they say it does." Laff observed, Meme tilted his head in confusion. Laff must have seen that Meme didn't understand. "I'm going to try to sharpen the blade." Laff explained. Blaza was sitting quietly rocking back and forth until he finally looked up at Meme.
"Socks?" He asked, Meme shook his head. Blaza then just looked back down at his leg and started muttering something unintelligible.