02.

"Diner Girl"

My heart races with fear

My heart races with fear. The biggest people from my school are sitting in front of me.

I act like I don't know them and take their order as I do with everyone else. "Hi what can I get you today?" I fake smile.

"Hmm...I'll get an omelet, but no cheese or ham and no eggs-" Rebecca orders.

I interrupt her "An omelet is an Egg." I corrected her. I didn't mean to say that, but it just came out.

"You don't have whole wheat shells?" Rebecca asks and rolls her eyes.

I shake my head. "Fine, just a water, everything on this omelet looks like shit, anyway." She complains.

I move on to the next person, Sophia. "What can I get you?" I asks.

"I'll have the French toast please," she smiles back at me and hands her menu back to me.

"Okay, would you like the powdered sugar that comes with it?" I question.

She thinks for a moment before answering, "sure!"

I move on to the other guy, I think his name is Austin, Noah's best friend.

"I'll take the protein shake and the pancakes, no power sugar." I nod my head as I write his order down.

I move onto Noah. I can barely look at him in the eyes. I gulp and do it. "And you?" I mumble.

"The bacon and fruit," he says. I couldn't believe it, Noah didn't say anything rude to me.

"Okay, it will be out soon." I tell them and grab their menus.

I give the cook the order then stock some items. We don't have many customers on a Thursday it's usually bingo Thursday, somewhere. So we don't get that much. The bell rings and I look up to see Nacy again. I give her a confusing look. "Is everything okay?" I ask.