12. His soaring Heart

A/N To all those fighting mental illnesses of any kind and not giving up, I'm proud of ya. Keep fighting, keep breathing ♡

12. His soaring Heart

'You're okay?'

Abhi hesitated as he asked the question to the girl who got his heartbeats racing in sheer worry. His hand was holding hers, and the other was slightly aligned on her back as he witnessed Akshara regain her peace back.

He remembered the last time someone made him feel this way and he instantly had flashbacks, the pain, the heartache, everything back again. Yet, he paid no attention to it because right now, Akshara's mindset was the most important thing at hand. He only hoped she was better now that she was breathing slowly and not crying anymore.

Akshara who had just gained her senses back nodded, she had still held the hand which held hers, she had still shut her eyes and composed herself as she kept breathing. They were seated on the steps, both had lost track of the time as they sat in silence. Abhi remembered how he had sat with Akshara on the first meeting and everything was so awkward. And here they were, still silent but surprisingly, nothing awkward, nothing strange. He didn't pressurize her and waited for her to respond.

Akshara on the other hand was feeling better by each breath she took, the death like incident always enveloped her in darkness, a dark deep never-ending spiral, and she always felt she could never get out of it. Honestly, this wasn't her first panic attack, but it felt just as painful like the first one, just as scary as the first. She didn't remember much, other than the fact that someone held her, calmed her down as she broke down like a mad lady. She would've died, that's how she felt, she would've died if it wasn't for this person who held.

Then she remembered she still felt his warmth, his hand still holding hers.

Akshara took one final breath and opened her eyes, ready to face the world again, ready to face the horrendous life of hers. She turned to look at Abhimanyu who was only looking at her, his salient eyes were filled with so many emotions that she didn't wanna get lost in them, so she just smiled. He was her saviour today, and for that she'd always be thankful.

'I am okay, Abhimanyu.' She smiled, wiping her tears and Abhi gave her his handkerchief as she wiped her face, leaving no traces of her breakdown on it. 'Thank You,' She left his hand and fixed her hair, her face as Abhi kept watching the girl, trying to understand what the girl was going through.

They got up as Akshara dusted her dress, she ran her hand through her hair and asked Abhi how long it had been.

'20 minutes'

'Oh, I gotta go in. Aru wouldn't celebrate without me.' Akshara said, worried as she walked past him to go back but Abhi held her wrist, stopping her from leaving.

Whether it was anxiety or nervousness that raised Akshara's heartbeats, she didn't know, but she felt something for sure as she looked at him.

'You need to see a doctor, now.'

'For your information,' Akshara replied, smiling and easing the heavy situation, 'I was with a doctor for the past 20 minutes.' She shrugged, trying to be quirky but Abhi didn't budge.

His clenched jaw and grim face, especially those angry eyes were fixed on her and she gulped. 'I'm a surgeon, Akshara and I'm not kidding. This isn't something to be taken lightly, you and me both know that was a panic attack...'

Akshara immediately shushed him, inching closer and Abhi stopped talking. 'Please, I'm requesting you to not say anything as such to my family.' She said, Abhimanyu's grip on her hand was still strong. 'I have to go in, it's Aru's birthday.'