Chapter 15- Lustre and Lenity of the Lycana

Lustre- A gentle sheen or soft glow.

Lenity- The quality of being kind and gentle.

Narrator POV

Ivy and Seymour grabbed each other's hands as they were sucked into a tunnel of darkness. They landed in a bare room, but this was no ordinary room. There were plants hanging down from the ceiling like thin curtains and trees growing up the walls, but they had no leaves on them. Their leaves covered the floor in all shades of brown, crunching underneath Ivy and Seymour's shoes with every step they took.

A faint green glow came from a spot underneath some of the leaves. The young heirs went to it and started clearing away the leaves. 

"Lustre and Lenity. How will you escape when all you have to offer is kindness?" Ivy read the words carved into the floor. A plant tendril from the wall fell onto her shoulder and inside there was a small piece of paper.

"What does that mean?" Seymour asked intently, trying to hide the nervousness in his voice. Just as Ivy opened her mouth to answer, leaves began raining down on them, and the trees and plants hanging from ceilings and walls all started to shrivel up.

"Give life," Ivy read from the paper she had in her hand. They were up to their thighs in leaves and more and more plants were dying.

"I think we need to stop the rest of the plants from dying!" Seymour shouted, trying to move the leaves. "If all we have to offer is kindness then WHY DON'T WE OFFER KINDNESS?" his voice getting louder.

"Quick, if the plants die we'll get stuck here forever!" Ivy screamed frantically as dead plants fell onto her. Seymour ran to a dying tree which was slowly turning black.

"Um uhm, hi tree. Um. Damn it! You have nice leaves!" Seymour said to the tree as if it were a person. He thought that there was no way it would actually work but he shouted joyfully when the tree started turning green again, its leaves vibrant and full of life.

On the other side of the room, Ivy was pruning some of the overgrown plants tenderly, taking care not to harm them and her face broke out into a smile when they too regained life.

"Carry on Seymour its working!" she laughed, turning to another plant. She saw a dried up flower and stroked it gently, "You have such nice petals I'm jealous!" The flower's beautiful pink petals brightened up and its wilted stem stood up straight.

"Ivy they're dying again!" Seymour panicked. Ivy looked around and with horror, realised that as one plant healed, another dried up. Frustration and fear hummed in her veins and a powerful aura surrounded her.

"Ivy??" Seymour shouted worriedly as more plants dried up, but his sister couldn't hear him.

She started walking around, touching different plants and whispering things in the Noaidi tongue that Seymour couldn't understand. Seymour was whispering things to a patch of dying plants as they started to regain their green colour. Whatever Ivy was saying wasn't working because the plants continued to turn brown and black as they shrivelled up into dust as if burned by the sun. Ivy's eyes were a ghostly white and she walked to a wall, running her hands over it and breathing in and out deeply as the plants started to come alive again. She sat down next to the carving of the words in the floor and laid her hands over it, a green glow coming from the stone. She closed her eyes and let the Noaidi powers take control as she thought of the kindest words to say to a plant. Her forehead wrinkled with concentration and Seymour was horrified as the plants turned to dust around him, crumbling. Ivy's whispering became more frantic as she struggled to keep the last patch of plants alive and Seymour put his hands on Ivy's shoulders, whispering kind things to the plants to help his sister. Her whispering turned to talking and her talking turned to shouting and they were both blown to the other side of the room by a strong force. 

Ivy regained her normal state and both green-eyed heirs looked around to see the whole room covered in green plants, flowers and trees, any sign of dead plants gone. Next to them, a door appeared and they both rushed to open it, but stepped away quickly when they realised the handle was made out of silver.

"We're stuck..." they said simultaneously, as the plants produced the lightest green lustre.

Oh no what will happen next? Why are Ivy and Seymour stuck if they completed the challenge? Do you think the words lustre and lenity are a good choice to describe the Lycana clan? Tell me in the comments!

-Aisha❤