Chapter Six: Breadcrumbs

William POV & 3rd POV

Somewhere in the Adriatic Sea

The trio are now on a cruise ship. Lance was checking the monitor. "Aw, yeah. Just wait till I get to Venice. I'mma tear that fool his own cloaca." Lance said. William was next to him. Lance, and William looked over to Walter, who is watching "Heart In Seoul". 'I should probably start watching some other K-Dramas.' I think to myself.

"Walter! Walter!" Lance called. "Huh? What?" Walter said looking over to Lance. "You're still working on that antidote, right?" Lance asked. "Working on it? In a couple minutes, it's done." Walter said. Lance sighs in relief. "That's good." I said. "But do you know what else is working?" Walter said.

"If you say being a pigeon..." Lance said. "Being a pigeon!" Walter said. "I'm really gonna throw this boy in the ocean." Lance said. Lance was about to take a sip of his drink, until something stopped him. Jeff, and Crazy Eyes appeared. "What? Hey, how did y'all get there?" Lance said.

"Jeff and Crazy Eyes aren't going to abandon you. They're part of your flock." Walter said. "Yeah, once you became a flock you don't get separated. It's almost like becoming part of a wolf pack, but for birds." I said.

"Come on. No. Get your beak off my drink. I have no idea where that beak has been. Back out. No! Stop it!" Lance said as he tries to get the pigeons away from his drink.

"Okay, okay. Here you go, guys. Come on. Have some of these. They're gluten-free." Walter said as he put gluten-free breadcrumbs on the table.

"You're joking, right? That one ate gum stuck to a tissue." Lance said pointing at, Crazy Eyes. The multi-pen in Crazy Eyes activated, William deactivates it. "And a spy pen." Lance said.

"We should probably do something about that." Walter said. William hummed in agreement. The screen started to beeped, and showed "PROCESS COMPLETE".

"It's ready." Walter said. "Finally." Lance said. The bio-dynamic concealment came out. "May I? No this time, Lovey. Thank you." Walter said. Walter plucks a feather from Lance.

"Ow! Joker." Lance said. Walter put the feather into a beaker, and pour in the bio-dynamic concealment. The feather starts to spin, and it turned into black stuff. "That's disgusting." I said. "Well, that's not good." Walter said. "'Not good' as in it'll taste bad but still turn me back into a human?" Lance questioned.

"Mmm, 'not good' as in it won't turn you back into a human... and if you drink it, all your cells will catch on fire." Walter said as he took away the beaker. "Come on, man!" Lance said. "I'm sorry. I'll figure it out. Science is all trial and error." Walter said. "This isn't a science lab. If I don't stop this guy, people will die!" Lance said.

Walter turned back and looked at Lance. "You don't think that Will, and I want to stop him, too? Why do you think we're on this boat? Do you have any idea of how much motion sickness medication I'm on right now? I can hardly feel my legs!" Walter said. William calmed his brother down. "But we're here because we believe... together, we can find a good way to stop the bad." Walter said looking at Lance. "It's not always a good thing to stop the bad, fighting fire with fire." I said.

Lance sighs. "I know you two do. But it's a fantasy. When the bad guys hit you, you hit 'em back. You hit 'em so hard that they don't get back up. You gotta fight fire with fire." Lance said.

"When we fight fire with fire, we all get burned. There's no good guys or bad guys. Just people. And people are worth saving. Isn't that our job?" Walter asked. 'That's why I always go on missions, without using violence.' I think to myself.