13- Reveals Never Go According To Plan

"WHAT?!" Tikki shouted, bug-eyed. "Are you serious?"

"You're going to reveal your secret identity to the holder of the black cat miraculous?" Wayzz asked.

Marinette nodded. "I am."

"But..." Tikki and Wayzz shared a worried look. "Why?"

"Cat Noir is the only one who could understand, the only one who could stop me from losing my mind, and the only one I trust most. He'll help me through the stress and chaos and I'll have a clear mind again. I'll start sleeping again. I'll get my homework done at a reasonable time and I can help out my parents!"

Tikki crossed her arms. "So, you're going to use Cat Noir as your emotional trash can? Give him all your baggage?"

"It's not like that!" Marinette defended. "Besides, I've been thinking, with Shadowmoth attack's becoming more frequent and dangerous, I need a backup plan."

"A backup plan for what?" Wayzz asked. 

With a sigh, she sat down at her desk, and explained, "If something happens to me while I'm still Guardian, what will happen to the miracle box? What will happen to all the kwamis? No one will be able to take care of it. Until Shadowmoth is finally defeated, I want to train Cat Noir as my apprentice—or my protégé, if you will—to become the next Guardian. If something should happen to me, that is."

Her kwami shook her head. "Marinette, that's a lot of pressure to put on Cat Noir."

"What about me, Tikki? Wasn't that a lot of pressure for Master Fu to put on me?"

"I..." Tikki frowned. "You're right, but what about Shadowmoth? If he akumatizes Cat Noir, he could reveal who you are!"

Marinette stood and started pacing again. "I know. That's why I'm going to make Cat Noir one of those protective charms."

Wayzz flew over. "How are you going to do that?"

"Cat Noir hasn't been akumatized," Tikki reminded her.

"Not in this timeline," Marinette said with a cheeky grin.

The red bug's eyes widened. "Could you do that?"

"I'm the Guardian, aren't I?"

Tikki frowned. "Oh, boy."

"Tikki, spots on!"

Wayzz floated up to her eye level as she transformed into her superhero persona. "Guardian, are you absolutely sure about this? Once you tell Cat Noir everything, you can't take it back—not without causing irreversible damage. If we had to go back in time, who knows what will happen to the state of the world, or even the universe?"

"I understand, Wayzz," Ladybug said. "But I know what I'm doing."

She in fact, did not, know what she was doing.

"As you say, Guardian."

Ladybug opened her bug-phone and dialed Cat Noir's number. He answered right away. Is he on patrol already?

"Meow! You've reached the Cat Noir residence," He chimed through the phone. "To whom may I refer this call to?"

"Cat Noir, I need you to meet me."

"At our special rendezvous spot, Bugaboo?"

"Yes, we need to talk."

Cat Noir went silent for a moment. This couldn't be good. "Ooh, I don't like that sound of that."

"Meet me there in five minutes." Ladybug hung up and rested her yo-yo at her side again. As she headed for the skylight, all the kwamis flew in her face, all talking and shouting warnings at once. Some even tried to push her back. "Hey. Hey! What are you doing?"