Summer Bucket List

We wake up at 12:00am the day after graduation at Taylor's house. High school was over! Charlotte, Skylar (Sky for short) Janis, Taylor and I stayed up so late last night watching movies and talking about college. We promised to spend all of summer together. We were the best of friends. At 2:00 I went home to find a cake on the table that said "Congratulations Sutton!" I thanked my mom and dad. They were so proud of me. I got a scholarship for soccer at California State University which is close to the beach. I laid in my bed texting Sky. I feel so bad for her. Her boyfriend who she's been dating since sophomore year had broken up with her a week ago because he thought it would be to hard to have a distance relationship once they go to college. She needed company. I asked my parents if I could go to her house that night. Of course they didn't care. Once I arrived we put on our favorite tops that are "Fresh-Tops" and headed to International, the mall in Tampa. Mine said "Hug Me Brutha" and was a sleeveless crop top and Sky's said "I'm also good at Mermaid Dancing" which is a line from Pitch Perfect- her top had sleeves but was also a crop top. We grabbed some ice cream and talked about the summer. Then we came up with the idea of writing a summer bucket list. We called up Taylor, Charlotte, and Janis and we all went to Skylar's house to write it:

" SUMMA BUCKET-LIST!

• spend the whole summer together

•keep a golden tan

•get highlights

•buy a fresh-tops phone case

•rent out a condo for the summer on the beach

•meet boys

•go to Disney World

•go tubing at the lake

•learn to surf

•meet someone famous

•come up with an idea similar to sisterhood of the traveling pants for college

•become a pro skateboard chic

•make a song parody and a music

video to it

•climb lots of trees

•drink lots of Starbucks

•take LOTS of pictures

•go to the aquarium

•have the greatest summer ever"

We jumped to Sky's laptop to find the perfect condo. "How about one really close to the boardwalk." Charlotte said as she put her long blonde hair in to a high bun. Skylar quickly typed in the price we wanted, $100,000. We were each gonna put in money into it, and only rent it out for the summer. $20,000 each of us. We searched for an hour until we finally found the perfect condo at Sandpiper Beacon on Panama Beach. It was perfect. It was a part of the hotel that includes hotel rooms, suites, condos, townhouses and houses. The resort had so many fun things to do we couldn't resist. We all called our parents, and as we expected- they allowed us to as long as we paid for half. This means each of us only had to pay $10,000. We all had good paying jobs which was an advantage. We pressed the rent button and typed in all the information it needed-and that condo was ours! We slept over at Sky's that night and went home early in the morning. We all had to pack for the next couple of months. My whole closet was wiped out and so was my bathroom. At 8:00pm we all met up at my house to sleep over and leave the next morning. We were going to have Taylor and I drive down in her truck, Skylar rode down in her jeep, and Janis and Charlotte went down in Janis's convertible. Taylor and I turned up the radio as loud as it could go and played out One Direction, Nicki Minaj, Jonas Brothers, Ke$ha, and Cher Lloyd. We all stopped for lunch at Hooters when we only had 30 minutes left until we would arrive. After our fattening lunch we were back on the rode. As soon as we got to our condo we put all of our luggage in the living room, quickly changed into our bikinis and were running off to the beach. We stopped running as our toes hit the water. We looked off into the ocean to see dolphins. What a surprise that as soon as we arrive we see dolphins! We knew right then that this summer would be great! "Sutton-" Janis yanked at my arm "Look over there!" She pointed off to the right of us. I squinted my eyes and read "Buy a rescue dog today" I squealed and grabbed her arm over there. The others ran with us. As soon as we got there we all agreed to get a dog. We wanted a yellow lab knowing how playful they are and that they like to swim. We couldn't find any until the lady said to us "The shelter is bringing us more later today. They'll bring us two 1 year old chocolate labs, 1 chihuahua, a Great Dane, two bulldogs, and one 4 month old yellow lab. Could this day get any better? The lady told us they'll arrive around 4:00pm. We agreed to unpack and come back to the beach then. Once we entered our condo Taylor shouted out-"There's 2 1/2 bathrooms!" She was hoping that their wasn't just one. We all laughed at her and tried to decide our sleeping arrangements. The condo included two bedrooms. One had two double size beds and the other had two bunk-beds. Taylor said she wanted the room with the bunk beds because the bathroom had two sinks. Alright-now what about the rest of us? We all just picked names and Charlotte and Skylar got the double beds while Janis Taylor and I had the bunks. We decided the dog could sleep on one of the bottom bunks and he could eat in the laundry room. Janis got the bunk-bed above him and I got top bunk of the other. Luckily-there was a walk in closet and two dressers in each room. Not that big of a closet-but it'll do. We then went grocery shopping to get ready for the summer. We bought cereal, watermelons and strawberries, chips, Nutella, ice cream, protein bars, Gatorade, milk, soda, and we ended up convincing ourselves to get a popcorn machine. It was 3:50 and we hurried back before anyone could get the yellow lab. Once we got there we waited 5 minutes for the dogs to arrive. As soon as they did we played with the lab and bought him. We took him to Pet Smart to get him a collar, dog bowl, water bowl, dog food, treats, and a leash. The person helping us find everything we needed asked us what we would like to name him. We all agreed on what fit him the best. Summer.