Boys

I was so excited to get to do everything on our bucket-list. We kept it on the fridge so we could look at it and think about what we wanted to do next. The day after we arrived we decided to hang out at the beach and the pool. Lucky for Janis and Charlotte, they went to the Tiki Bar and met a few boys. That's checked off their list. The boys were muscular and rising seniors. They gave them their numbers and are going to go on a double date next week. Today we were all going to go to the hair salon to get highlights. "Sutton-sutton!" I felt hands shaking me as I was on my bed. I slightly opened my eyes and saw Taylor. "What?" I mumbled "There's a boys volleyball tournament on the beach in one hour!" She said as she continued to shake me. "Ya-and?" I asked as I sat up. "Meet boys will be off our list!" She said as she pulled out a bathing suit. "When's our hair appointment?" I asked as I looked at the time. 9:00am. "Ummm...I think it's at 3:30" Taylor said as she brushed her hair in front of the mirror. Janis walked into the room as she said this "Nope-it's at 2:00" she told us as she went into the bathroom to brush her teeth. I got up to put on a bathing suit. It was a bright green bandeau with neon pink straps to strap it in the back. The bottoms were neon pink with bright green straps to tie at the waist. We applied our makeup perfectly and you would swear we are tumblr girls. I put my "Swaggie" fresh top on and we were all out the door. Janis and Charlotte came with us and we got there early so we could find a place to sit, tan, and watch the tournament. There were 4 games for the first round. Whoever won those 4 would go into the third round for the 2 games. Then the one game for the champions. Of course we'd find some guy here out of 8 beach volleyball teams. During the fourth game of the first round one of the teams came over to us. "Are you enjoying the tournament?" We saw their faces earlier "Yes. Didn't your team win the first game?" Taylor quickly responded. They smiled and the one who spoke before said "Oh ya. Do you have any friends playing today?" He smiled at her. "Nope. Just came to watch." Taylor said with her hand above her forehead to block the sun. Taylor was checked off the list. "Alright cool. Well as a part of the hosts for the tournament-I'm our team captain-I'm asked to invite you all for the after party. You know-celebrate the win. Everybody is invited, not just the teams." He said waiting for an answer, looking her in the eyes "Sounds great." She replied with a smile. "Cool well see ya there." Him and three other team mates walked away. She looked at us and squealed. "Damn girl, he fine." Sky said joking around. He had a short buzz cut brown hair and a tan body. He wore a dog tag necklace and on the tag it said Air Force. I wonder how old he was. The tournament was for ages 17-25. After the 4th game we all headed to the bathrooms. On our way over a tall blonde who was skinny, but his arms were muscular accidentally bumped into Sky. "Oh sorry",he said. He was about to keep walking but then he turned back around. He looked her in her bright blue eyes. "Have I seen you before?" He asked her. We all stopped to listen to their conversation. "Well I've been watching the tournament if that's what you mean." Sky said as she places her sunglasses over her eyes. "No-no. I mean before. Where are you currently staying?" He said as he looked around at nearby resorts. "Sandpiper Beacon." Sky replied as she pointed to it. "Oh really? Same with me and the boys. I may of have seen you at the pool or the deli, maybe." He said to her as he looked over at his teammates. "Ya, probably, heh, well see you around." Sky said with a slight wave and he said "See ya" as we walked off to the bathroom. Sky had met a boy. "SKYLAR!" Janis exclaimed as soon as the door shut, "Your not even gonna try to talk to him?" I could tell all of us were thinking the same thing. "Well Matt and I just broke up less then a month ago. I don't think I need another boyfriend already." Sky said as she closed the door to go to the restroom. "Well Sky, a couple of guy friends isn't going to hurt anybody!" Charlotte said checking her high bun. Skylar came out of the bathroom and turned on the sink and said "I guess so. But hey, I'm doing better than Sutton!" She said it with a laugh and we all laughed. She was obviously joking. "Ha. Ha. Ha." I said with an eye roll. I loved joking around with my friends. We walked out of the bathroom right as the next game started. We sat down in our seats and I began fish-tail braiding Charlottes hair. We were getting tired. We just wanted to meet boys- not to actually watch the games.