The mystery

What was she doing? Why would she need to talk to Matt? "Did that really really just happen?" Charlotte broke the silence. We all backed away from the door and found Skylar's phone on the counter. We went on to it and read her texts with Matt. It said "Hey Sky. Can't believe that y'all are here at the same beach;)" without her responding, he then said "Im really sorry I broke up with you. Maybe we can make things work or at least stay really good friends. Please?" And yet again she didn't respond. "She better not fall for that!" Janis said turning Sky's phone off. "I bet she just went to clarify with him that she's not gonna get back together with him." I said hoping it was true. We all stood there thinking of reasons. "Lets go." Taylor said walking towards the door. We all starred out her blankly then followed. "Where?" Janis asked. Taylor smiled mischievously at us then walked right across the hall and slowly twisted Austin's knob hoping it was unlocked. Boom! We were in. "What is going on here!" Taylor exclaimed as soon as the door slammed open. We crept behind her listening to the conversation. Their living room where you entered had a large couch with a flat screen in front and a chair beside the couch, close to the kitchen. Austin was sitting in the chair and Matt and Skylar were sitting close to each other on the couch. Wow. This was getting more surprising by the minute.

Skylar and Matt starred at us with fear and Austin started laughing. Matt picked up the pillow beside him at threw it at Austin "Shut up" he said making Austin laugh more. Skylar panicked and said "It's not what you think!" Without looking at the boys. "Then what?" Taylor said furiously crossing her arms. Skylar looked away from us and looked at Austin who looked at her and gestured her to tell us. "I came to clarify with Matt that I wasn't going to get back with him." She sounded like she was bluffing. "That's it...you lied to us and came here and made it a big deal just to tell him that?" Taylor said trying to put the pieces together. "Austin?" Skylar said looking over at Austin waiting for him to explain. "I asked Skylar over the phone if she wanted to come over for a drink." He said with pink cheeks. "And you did?" I said angrily stepping into the conversation. Skylar sighed and said "I met Austin earlier in the year. We're friends." We all were so confused. She could tell we wanted to know more. She continued "I knew that y'all didnt like him so I played along. He does have a nice side. Just a short temper." Matt started laughing at this and Austin said "Well thanks." Rather sarcastically. "Skylar you could've told us. Just because we don't like him doesn't mean you have to pretend like you don't." Janis said. Matt again laughed and Austin said "Is this just be mean to Austin day?" And this time Sky laughed as well. We all nodded then I remembered- "What about the texts! From Matt!" And Janis, Taylor, and Charlotte widened their eyes and looked at Sky waiting for a response. "What text?" She asked me. "The ones where Matt asked to get back together." Taylor said stepping into the conversation. "Why were y'all looking through my phone?" Sky asked standing up. We all got quiet. "We watched you leave the condo and enter there's." Charlotte argued "We knew something was up." We nodded in agreement Sky rolled her eyes. Why can't this all just be over? "We wanted to see what you and Matt had been talking about." Janis said defending us. Sky quickly brushed pass us and went straight to our apartment. "Sky!" Charlotte exclaimed following her. Seconds later she came back with her phone. She showed us text from Austin saying "haha, those text from Matt were actually from me. Hahahahahahaha." We backed away slowly from the phone and our faces turned red. "If you ladies are going to have your argument, go have it somewhere else. We'd like to watch our manly movies without y'all." Matt said hoping for us to leave. We ignored him "Well what about you and Matt?" Charlotte questioned. Matt then stood up and joined us "What about us?" He argued. Austin obviously was tired of this and stood up walking out of the door saying "This is so childish. I'm leaving if any of you eggheads care to join me." and he wondered out of the room. Then sky came by angrily passing by us when Charlotte grabbed her arm "Sky!" Without a word Skylar tugged her arm away and started at Charlotte in the eyes and fiercely rushed after Austin. "Ugh. Now what?" Matt asked closing the door. We had no idea where they could be going. "They'll come back, right?" I asked nervously sitting in the empty chair. Janis came over to the couch and sighed before she said "They will. I just don't know when. Lets just give it a few hours, and if they aren't back by midnight we'll give them a ring." She sounded pretty assuring and we all agreed with the idea. Matt walked out of the room to the tiki bar. I crept after him. "Umm...Ill be right back." I said to the girls. I followed him slowly down the stairs and saw him ordering fresh coconut water. I quickly braided my hair and put on a floppy hat and sunglasses. He sat down at a table by himself. I then noticed him call someone on his phone. I slowly walked closer to him then sat at the table behind him trying to listen on the conversation. "Austin, where are you? I'm sitting at the tiki bar alone. ya-ya the girls are up in our room. I hope not. Is sky with you? Where? Your at the aquarium? Okay well be back soon I'm bored out of my mind. No I don't see any hot chicks Austin. okay fine. bye" The aquarium eh. So she's trying to finish this bucket list without us. wait a minute-it's already 8:00pm. The aquarium closes at 8:30. I quickly ran to the missing jeep. looks like that's what car they took. Okay-the truck! I drove as fast as I could to the aquarium and drove around the parking lot to find the jeep. Finally I spotted the flashy green jeep and parked next to it. I was about to get out of the car when I noticed they were still in the car. I was about to go to the car door when I noticed they're faces were really close together. With Austin in the drivers seat and Sky in the passenger seat, I quietly got out of the truck and crept around to the back of the jeep.

With the roof and windows off I easily saw them kissing from behind the car. Wow. I did not expect that. I quickly took a picture and called Janis "Janis-I'm at the aquarium. You can't tell anybody this but-" then I got cut off by Taylor saying "Your on speaker. you tell one you tell all." I panicked. If all of them found out Sky would be so upset. I quickly hung up the phone and watched as Austin and Sky made out in the front of the jeep. I couldn't decide wether I thought it was cute or disgusting. I also couldn't decide wether I should leave or talk to Sky. I couldn't let them go somewhere afterwards If I left so I had to stop them. I slowly walked to Sky's side of the jeep and stood there beside her until I finally reached into the car and tapped her shoulder. she jumped as she turned around and looked at me.

Her face quickly turned red and she starred at me until Austin noticed me and said "Sutton. we were just-ummm...about to go into the aquarium. Right Skylar?" Sky kept eye contact with me and I grew a devious smile and said "Oh. Well that's funny cause it's 8:25 and the aquarium closes at 8:30." Sky started to panic "Look sutton it didn't mean anything. We just were alone and at the moment it seemed right and uhhh just don't tell the others okay? Especially Matt don't tell matt. please sut?" I was really confused. Does she still like Matt or something.

"Sky don't worry. Charlotte, Taylor and Janis won't care if y'all kissed. You should know that. They respect your choices." Sky looked at me and said "Take me back. Let's go now." and she opened the car door and walked into the truck. the ride back was completely silent. We walked up to the condo without a word. When we entered we were the only ones in there. "Where is everybody?" Sky asked checking the bedrooms. "They're in matts condo. wanna go in there and get them or wait for Austin to get here?" I asked taking off the hat and sunglasses. "Let's wait in here." Sky said going into the room to change into nike shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. I sat down on the couch with a bottle of root beer and pet our dog. She came back out and I looked at her and said "Do you wanna talk about it?" she looked back at me and after silence she said "If I don't-are you gonna go through my phone? I can't believe y'all couldn't trust me." I looked down at Summer who looked up at me panting with his ears back.

"You're right, it was wrong of us to go through your phone-but why couldn't you just tell us. it seems like your the one who doesn't trust US." I said standing up. She grabbed a coke from the fridge then looked back at me and said "I wasn't thinking okay? And in the car-I wasn't thinking. I was just...missing matt." I was about to say something when the door slammed open and Taylor shouted "You KISSED Austin?!?!"