I'm sorry

jaden's pov
how could i be so fucking stupid. i couldn't have waited another 2 minutes, 2 MINUTES, to smoke that blunt. my ass is dead meat. and i mean on a platter next to some mashed potatoes dead. my mom might be strict, but you have to completely pushed all the limits for her to just say my middle name. now don't get me wrong, i love my middle name however, not when it's used in such a harsh way. so now here i am sitting on a bench in the LA County Sheriffs Department waiting to get picked up by my mother. uh-oh next thing ik i see her come in looking calm, too calm. and why is bryce with her? not the point. as soon as she spots me she gives a disappointed smile and starts talking to the guard. next thing ik i'm walking with some dude over to her. and she is just standing there so calm. but i know that calm, it's the, " i'm hella pissed but i'm going to wait until we leave " calm. she used it a lot when we were younger and acting up in public. i was brought out of my thoughts when the guards and mom started talking.
js: again i'm so sorry about that idk why he thought that would be okay( she says looking at jaden)
guard: it's okay ma'am. just don't let it happen again
js: oh don't worry that won't be an issue ( grabs jaden wrist and walks out to the parking lot)
js: isaiah, give bryce your keys
j: yes ma'am (gives bryce his keys )
b:( takes the keys ) i'm gonna go and drop his car off. is it cool if i head over to taylor's after?
js: yeah that's fine. don't forget to tell me if you plan on going anywhere after the movie
b: i won't bye mom. bye jay, good luck
j: bye (mumbles)
js: car. ( she says pointing)
jaden's pov
i walk to the car and go into the passenger seat. mom is getting in the driver seat. all i can think abt is how much i disappointed her. ugh don't cry jaden. i'm rarely get in trouble, and when i do it's something minor. so for me to do this is unbelievable. i guess mom saw how much i was worrying bc she put her hand in my thigh and rubbed up and down
js: i love you. you didn't make the best decision today and yeah you're in trouble but i don't love you any less okay.
j: ( starts crying) i'm so so sorry. i'm such an idiot. ( let's out a sob )
js: shhh babe. calm down. you're gonna make yourself sick (pulls him into a hug)
jess's pov:
lucky for me, out of the 5 boys, jaden is the easiest to punish bc how much his guilt takes over. he hates disappointing people especially his loved ones. so ik he is taking this really really hard. i think i'm just gonna talk to him and maybe make him run. and he's obviously grounded. but i just want him to relax rn. we pulled up to the front of the house and jaden looked at me with tears in his eyes waiting for instructions
js: go to the living room and sit on the couch
j: yes ma'am ( gets out of the car and goes inside with jess slowly following. he makes his way to the door, unlocks it and goes to the the couch and sits ) im sorry mom
js: ik you are. *sighs* but you and i both know that i can't let what happened slide. i let you smoke weed with rules. what are those rules jaden?
n: do it safely, know when enough is enough, dont do it while driving, and definitely don't get behind the wheel while high
js: exactly and you broke 2 rules abt getting high babe.
j: ik ( puts his head down )
js: so this is what i'm going to do, you're definitely grounded for a while with no car either okay?
j: okay...
js: and i should whoop your ass, but i'm not going to. however, i am going to make you run 2 laps.
j: ughhh
js: jaden isaiah
j: ik i'm going ( walks out to the backyard with jess behind him ) how many am i running?
js: 2
j: okay ( starts running )
jaden's pov:
i hate running. it's like getting your ass whooped but without the pain. and if i start walking mom will beat my ass. i know that for sure. there really isn't anything to do while i was running. normally i'm thinking about all the things i could have done differently but i already thought about that when i was waiting for mom to come and pick me up. soon enough i was making my last turn and slowed down to stop in front of mom. i started to catch my breath but then i remembered i have a whole other lap to run. i wonder if i can get out of it?
just like milk it right? yeah.
j: i.... am...... back (hyperventilating)
js: okay so catch your breath and start your second one.
j: mom...pls.....let me.....stop
js: i'm not dumb jaden. ik that's you're milking it. you have ran that lap twice in 5 minutes and not been out of breath. but since you think it's okay to lie to me. you finish your 2nd lap then run a 3rd on then go stand in the corner of the kitchen.
j: wait no mom that's not what i-
js: jaden isaiah. keep arguing with me and you will be over my lap so fast it'll make your head spin am i clear?
j: yes ma'am ( looking down )
js: good start running you still have two more and a time out
jaden's pov:
time out i hate that freaking word. it made me feel like a toddler. i probably look like one too standing in the corner.
scene change:
cooper: what do you want to do
q: i have an idea ( pulls out a bag of weed)
cooper: dude are you serious? if my mom finds out she'll kill me, same with yours.
q: but she lets my brother smoke it so whatever and we can just go to the skatepark and do it.
cooper: fine
q: bet let's go (gets up and they head to the skate park)
scene change:
jaden's pov:
you want to know what i'm doing right now? standing in the corner like a fucking 4 year old. goodness i hate this. and you wanna know how long i have to sit here? 18 fucking minutes bc that's my age. i also hate the fact that timeout works. like after being in it i'm not going to act out again but not bc i don't want to go back into timeout but bc if i do act out again i'll just end up getting my ass whooped so.
js: okay jaden your 18 minutes are up you can come out.
j: thank fucking goodness ( walks out of the corner and over to the counter next to jess's and looks at her )
js: yes ( looking up from her laptop)
j: can i please have my phone?
js: absolutely not
j: whyyyyyy
js: because i said so. ( looks back at her laptop )
j: ughhhhh ( puts his head down )
js: do you want to go back into time out
j: no
js: no what? ( smacks him in the ass )
j: no ma'am ( rolls his eyes )
js: okay i don't know what's up with you today but knock it off. i'm not joking you have gotten more than enough warnings so keep it up and you will be over my lap so fucking fast. understand? ( grabs his chin so he's looking at her )
j: yes ma'am
js: good ( drops his chin ) you can go find something to do but i better not find you with your phone. okay?
j: okay ( walks upstairs)
scene change:
cooper: don't you think you've had enough?
q: nahhhh i fine
cooper: i don't think you are and you're in no way gonna be able to walk home so ig im gonna  call your mom
q: sounds good to meeee
phone call
jess: hello
cooper: hi ms. jess i was just um calling to see if you could um pick up q?
jess: yeah sure is um everything okay?
cooper: well you see um q and i thought that it would be um a good idea to get high-
jess: YALL DID WHAT?
cooper: we got high well i barely did but q is another story and i have to go back to my house bc my mom is going to be pissed. and it'll be worse if she finds out q did it too.
jess: okay yes i will come pick him up, but if i find out you lied about smoking it cooper i will rat you out okay?
cooper: yes ma'am
jess: good i'll be there shortly
cooper: okay bye
jess: bye
end of phone call*
cooper: quinton your mom is otw
q:okayyyyy
scene change
jess: jaden! (starts walking to the bottom of the stairs)
jaden: yea
jess: come on we have to go pick up quinton
jaden: wait why?
jess: bc he decided to get high now let's go ( starts walking to the door)
jaden: okay (puts on his shoes and walks out with her)