6, A Barrier Between Us

It's been a few weeks since the incident between Mafu and his mother and Mafu has not been abused ever since.

What the...?

The albino couldn't sleep as he woke up to the noise of sobbing outside of his room. He got curious and went to the door to eavesdrop on what's going on. The sound is faint but he could tell that it was his mother. He couldn't hear what she was really saying but heard the words 'sorry' 'no' 'can't' 'listen'. The other words were just a blur.

"Was she dumped by her boyfriend or something..? I don't think she'll be that sad since she still has dad, right?" Mafu said to himself, putting his chin on his hand.

Achoo!

"Shit." Mafu said to himself as he immediately ran to his bed making sure that his parents won't notice that he was awake.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
The albino woke up feeling slightly hot, even though he had the air-condition on. "I'm so tired.." the boy said as he lazily gets up from the bed, rubbing his eyes.

"Achoo!" He sneezed again. "Is it a fever?" He asked himself as he placed his hand on his forehead. "I think it is.."

The albino then reaches out to grab his phone. "I should tell Soraru-san about this."

Soraru-san

Hey Soraru-san, I won't be
going to school today.

Hm? Why is that?

I have fever.

I see, I will inform
The teacher later.

Thanks Soraru-san ^^

No problem ^-^

Mafu chuckles at his little conversation with Soraru. He finds it quite silly.

As went to the door to go and feed his cat, he froze after he heard a certain voice. "Mafu?" The voice belonged to his mother.

"...yes, mom?" He responded since it would be kind of rude to just ignore. "I, uh.. wanted to talk." His mother's voice sounded louder, a sign that she got closer to the door.

"What did you wanna talk about?" Mafu said as he slides down the door, sitting on the ground with his back facing the door. "About what happened a few weeks ago.." his mother's voice had a slight sadness to it.

Oh.. that.

"What about it? Was something wrong with what I said?" Mafu asked as he looks up to the ceiling. "I've been thinking about it... and wanted to apologize to you." The albino widened his eyes at his mother's response. Really? She's been thinking about it? And now she wants to apologize? Mafu thought. He couldn't believe it, his mother wants to apologize to him.

"I'm sorry for doing all those terrible things to you. It was his fault, he corrupted my mind. Don't worry, you won't see him anymore. I've completely cut all ties with him. I won't come home drunk again. I won't hit you. I promise." His mother said with a shaking voice, based of Mafu's assumption, she's probably crying.

Silence filled the room, until Mafu decided to break the ice. "... I forgive you, make sure you don't break your promise." The albino said as he smiled. He felt happy that his mother decided to finally end all of the abuse once and for all.

"This is the first time I've ever had a normal conversation with you mom.. I don't want it to end quickly." Mafu looked up to the ceiling feeling relieved and happy. "..how's school been?" His mother wanted to change the topic to make the conversation longer.

"Hm, pretty well honestly. I made a new friend."

"What's their name?"

"Soraru-san, he's really nice and I don't know if you noticed but he's the one who makes me happier nowadays."

"Good for you then."

"What about you, mom?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure you have busy life."

"Well... I am thinking of getting a job.. What do you think suits me?"

"Well, I know for sure that I'm gonna be home-alone if you get a full-time  job."

"Then a part-time job would do?"

"Yeah, I guess so. If you don't want your child to suddenly burn the kitchen, then yeah."

The two had a long conversation, they were joking around with each other, they both felt happy. "Oh, right. Why aren't you going to school?" His mother then asks the albino a question which immediately reminded him that he didn't tell her that he has a fever. "Oh, I forgot to tell you that I have a slight fever." Mafu nervously laughs as he curses himself in his mind for not telling her.

"A fever? Are you okay?" There was obvious worry in his mother's voice, which the albino responds with an "I'm fine".

"Do you need anything?" The woman asked the boy. "Ah, hmm... I am quite hungry." Mafu replied.

The door suddenly opens, letting Mafu fall backwards onto the floor. "Woah--!"

The albino was now lying on the floor, wincing in pain. He then opened his eyes to meet with the face of his mother.

She had bright red eyes, blond hair and an apologetic and worried face. "Ah! Are you okay? I'm sorry!" She then reaches out her hand for Mafu to get up.

"Pfft-- ahahahahahaha!!" Mafu started laughing at his and his mother's clumsiness. The blond woman couldn't help but laugh as well.

A/N : IM BAAACK!!! Did y'all miss me? wwww I've been thinking of what I should've done for the next chapter in like forever ww but I'm back. Sadly school has started but I just got my second dose of the vaccine for covid! So I can stay at home for a while so I might write new chapters! (Who knows whether I'll have the motivation to do so lol) I hope you liked this chapter! Sorry for the long wait ;;