Time Of Death

Everyone's been tensed lately. Between the benefactor and my court date coming up, I don't think anybody knows what to do.

The rest of the pack doesn't know about what happened to me and I'd really like to keep it like that. But dad, he still hasn't talked to me yet.

A knock on my door interrupting my reading. "Hey, Tess. Can you come downstairs please?"

I was weary of Scott's request but I still followed him down.

"Is three enough?" I heard a girl ask.

"Depends on how many cameras I have but, I think so." A familiar voice answered.

Once we got to the kitchen, I noticed why the voices sounded so familiar. Kira, Stiles and Liam were circled around the table.

"Scott." I whisper to him. "I don't want to-"

"Please, Tessa." He whispers back. He walks to an empty spot around the table. "We need your help."

 I looked at the strange faces before seeing one greeting me with a smile. Liam. I slightly smile back at him before mulishly walking to the table.

I look at Scott for an answer. "I know, this is probably super confusing to you." I nod intensely. "Well, what I'm about to say is probably not going to help."

I just stare at him. He's not helping the anxiety.

"We need your help to fake my own death."

The tension in my face turns to confusion. "What?"

"We have this plan to catch the benefactor but, it involves me being dead. Or, 'Dead'." He says with air quotes. "Mom has already been looped into the plan."

"So why can't Melissa just do it?"

"Because the benefactor knows all the supernatural in Beacon Hills so we have to assume they know everything else about us, including family. It wouldn't be realistic if I died and you weren't there."

He has a point.

"So, what do I have to do?"

"When the doctor announces I'm dead, you and Melissa need to act how you would if I were really dead. Then, come into the morgue. All of us will be there."

"Us?"

"Yeah. Kira, her mom, Stiles and Liam."

Oh yay, Liam's going to be there.

"And you're not?"

"Yeah but, I'll be dead."

"Wait. You seariously mean you're faking your death?"

"It's the only option we have, Tess."

"You'll be okay though, right?"

Scott hesitates before answering. "Yeah."

I look at him in disbelief. I don't really think he knows the answer to that.

"Are we really doing this?" Liam asked.

"We're really doing it. Tonight." Scott answered.

"But isn't it kinda dangerous?"

"It's incredibly dangerous." Stiles retoreted. "And borderline idiotic."

That I agree one.

"Have you guys done something like this before?" I asked.

"Something dangerous or something idiotic?"

"E- Either."

"I think it's a yes to both." Kira answered.

"Look, Tess. You don't have to be apart of it if you don't want to. It's okay." Scott said, trying to assure me.