The Ad-Dressing of the Cats (Preface)

During the summer of 2021, I was going through an odd period of time. I was stuck wondering about where I would go in life and what I would do. I was pretty aimless for most of the summer and decided to consume tons of media, mostly social media.

Remembering a review of a certain movie by an old favorite YouTuber, I decided to watch clips of a certain musical. I was both confused by the pretty sensual choreography and fascinated by how entertaining the whole thing was. I continued playing the same few clips over and over again. I believe the first-ever character  I found was the Rum Tum Tugger. He was such an energetic character! I continued on, moving to Mungojerrie and Rumpleteazer. 

Eventually, I decided to watch the entire musical with my sisters. It took two tries to watch the musical as my sisters started to fall asleep due to the length of the show. Although I admit to getting bored during the moments with Old Deuteronomy — nice singing voice, very slow pace — I unironically enjoyed the musical! I tried scouring any and all websites to learn more about the musical. It was like my Hamilton phase all over again.

About a month and a half had passed since then when I decided to check out this show with my sister. Looking at the show art on Netflix, I thought it would be some average cartoon. During the first episode, I was put off by the very weird characters and thought the humor was very over-the-top for my tastes; I am a late teenager and the show is meant for young kids. I decided to continue watching the show later that night while I tried to fall asleep. 

It took a few seatings throughout the week but I managed to watch the entire season. I loved the show so much! I loved the characters, I loved the character designs, I loved the setting, and I really loved the songs! I was so glad to have stumbled upon the show while looking for something to watch. Much like Cats, I tried finding any and all information about Centaurworld. 

This fall, about 5 months since my introduction to Cats and about 3 months since my introduction to Centaurworld, I have decided to write this story that combines two of my current interests. This whole idea came about as a joke, really. I mean, it's the Jellicle cats interacting with Glendale. The story won't take itself seriously for the most part — I won't forget about the centaur powers or the more out-there behaviors and concepts from both stories. 

With that being said, enjoy! 

magical_glendale