Part 11

I drew circles with my finger on Liam's back while we were still in the same position hugging.

Somehow when the adrenaline wore down I didn't want to run away.

He inhaled my smell once more and finally let go of me.

"Go take a shower. I will make you something to eat." he cupped my cheek gently and placed a peck on my lips.

"Are you going to have breakfast with me?" I asked looking in those doe eyes.

"I'm full now." he smiled mischievously and helped me down from the table. His rough fingers grazed my ass leaving my wanting more.

When I was about to exit the kitchen I heard him say "There's a shelf on the left in my wardrobe. You can find clean clothes there." I stopped moving because it finally hit me.

He was luring me into a relationship and he was doing a great job. I turned around butt naked and looked at his happy face.

"Why did you do this?"

"Do what?"

"Why do I have clean clothes at your place? We aren't a couple. We aren't even fuck-buddies. So, why?" I sounded harsh but I was confused and angry understanding that I was tricked.

"Go take a shower and we will discuss it while you eat your pancakes." his commanding voice wasn't doing the trick this time because I was determined to know what the hell he was up to.

"Liam, I told you I am not looking for a boyfriend. I thought it was clear. What is going on here?" I tried to sound strict but honest.

He rubbed his face and put his hands on a table leaning on them.

"Why are you so scared? It's not like I am proposing to you. I just nudge you a little. I want you to see how much I adore you. You're the most gorgeous, funny, arrogant, and feisty girl I've ever seen. It's logical I want to work things with you. It's not like I had a huge experience in dating. But at least I try. I want you, Devina. " his words struck me hard.

"Are you falling for me?" I asked looking into his sad eyes. He just kept silent. "Are you?!" I asked louder making him lower his head.

"Oh my God!" I threw my hands in the air and stormed out to the bedroom.

I quickly found my clothes from yesterday and got dressed calling a taxi with my other hand.

I ran down the stairs but stopped near the kitchen door seeing Liam still leaning on the table.

"How long?" I asked him.

"Does it matter?" his head was still low and for me, it was for the best. Seeing his sad green eyes would have killed me. "Just go," he added.

"I asked you a question, Liam." I insisted.

He hit the table with his fist making a loud noise and looked at me.

"I said fucking go." his voice was broken and I could see the pain in those beautiful eyes.

So without any hesitation I turned around and left.

All day at uni I was a mess. Lora was right. I should have used Noah. Then Liam wouldn't have made such a stupid mistake as to fall for me.

I was no good as a girlfriend. I had so many insecurities and no trust. But those sad green eyes broke my heart. How fucked up could a person be to behave as I did?

After classes, I was determined to work from home and clear my head but my phone rang.

"Hi, Anna. I was just calling you to remind you about our date." Noah beammed in my ear.