The Monsters

(F.Y.I. This is in first person. Also these are just you talking to yourself)

When I was just a little kid I always checked under my bed for monsters..... As I got older I also checked my closest for the monsters. One day I saw big brother in his room with the door barely open, but I could still see him. For some reason he was dragging a blade across his skin, as soon as I saw the blood I ran in there crying... he turned around surprised and tried to hide his arm. I ask him why was he dragging the blade across his arm. He said that I would understand when I'm older, but he did tell me something that I never forgot.... he said", you know how you check under the bed and in the closet for monsters? Well as people get older sometimes the monsters get them. I never knew what he meant until about 6 years later... big brother is gone now he died a couple years ago, he had cut too deep and bled out. But now I understand what he said because I am just like him. I cut, but I make sure not to cut to deep. But now I understand, as we get older we realize the monsters under the bed and in the closet don't exist because they live inside you. The monsters slowly killed my brother, and now I have twice as many monsters to deal with now that he's gone. Mom is never home any more and dad died a short time after brother did, he was driving down the road, eyes clouded with tears, and he just let go. He was done with everything. And now as I watch the news mom is dead too the found her murdered in a ditch. Now as I grab the gun I took from my dad I cry, and right before I pull the trigger I say im sorry I wasn't there for you my brother.... *BANG* the sound rings out, when the cops get there they open the door and see the wall covered in blood. Then they find me, a cold dead limpless body, with a bullet in my brain. Now no longer talks about my family, now that my whole family is dead. But the people who do care now carry even more monsters, all because my brother killed himself....