Part 4

I had decided that it was best to have Bonnie meet me at my house. Klaus gave me time to talk to Bonnie about what Esther really had planned and hopefully find a way to avoid people dying. In my eyes, that showed Klaus really trying to be better. Before my transition, I have no doubt he would have simply jumped straight into slaughtering whoever he needed to. I hoped that somehow, Bonnie would agree to help me make peace and get Esther to stop whatever it was she had planned.

I had the house to myself; Jeremy had informed me that Kol had plans for them after school and that he probably wouldn't see me until the next morning.

Since I had learnt about the relationship, Jeremy and Kol had thrown discretion out the window. Klaus had followed me back to my house after dinner with Esther, and we had walked in to find them practically humping on the couch. Neither of them had cared about being busted and just raced up to Jeremy's room to continue. That was another thing I needed to ask Bonnie for; magically soundproofing bedrooms.

Klaus also promised not to do anything and informed me he planned on painting for most of the night and had asked me to call him once I had talked to Bonnie.

I was standing in the kitchen, drinking a blood spiked cup of coffee when Bonnie knocked on the door. I found myself a little nervous to talk to Bonnie but knew that there wasn't another way.

I opened the door and smiled warmly at her. "Hey, thanks for coming," I said.

"Of course, it sounded important," she replied.

Bonnie followed me into the kitchen and pulled out one of the bar stools. I leant against the kitchen counter and picked up my coffee to take a sip. The hint of blood helping me relax.

"What was it you needed to talk about?" Bonnie asked.

"It's about Klaus."

Bonnie stiffened, swallowed and then slowly nodded. "Okay."

"And Esther."

Her eyes clenched, and her heart seemed to jump. "What about them?"

"You know Caroline told me about her intentions."

Bonnie ran her hand across her chin. "Yeah."

"Well, I couldn't exactly keep that to myself."

Her face went pale. "You told Klaus?"

"Of course I did."

"Why? He didn't need to know. Now we are all dead."

I frowned as she started to panic. "No, you're not."

"Hello?" she waved her arms around. "This is Klaus we are talking about."

"Yes, but I got him to wait on the murdering and go with talking first."

Bonnie gave me a look of complete disbelief. I knew it wasn't something she would probably believe, but that wasn't what mattered. Getting her to agree to stop plotting with Esther was the goal.

"Klaus won't do anything to anyone, except maybe his mother, if you just back off and don't try and find a way to kill him or make him human," I said.

"Seriously?" she asked. "Just like that."

I nodded. "Just like that."

"Why would he just let it go?"

"Because he knows how much you mean to me."

"I really don't think someone as psychotic as your boyfriend would care about that."

"Nice," I sighed. "If you don't want to do it for him, then do it for me, and Caroline, and Tyler."