7

Nisha's Pov

"Language Nisha!"

My mother whisper yelled at me but I could barely pay her any heed with my head still trying to process the fact that it's him sitting in front of me right now. I mean it's really him!

Never in my million dreams had I had such an encounter yet here he is in my reality, sitting over there looking like he just walked out of a magazine cover shoot as I am in....

My eyes closed on instinct with realization dawning over me.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

For once, I mean for once, why couldn't I have just listened to everybody and dressed up before I decided to put on a show for them all? I would have felt a little less embarrassed then or at the least looked pretty as I embarrassed myself.

God! Why am I such a brat?

And I, for the sake of that teeny tiny part of me that ever felt something for him, couldn't afford to be seen by him like a homeless creature who doesn't even shower. So without thinking anything else, I stood to my toes and excused myself from the room, saying that I'll be back in a couple of minutes.

With the coffee cup in my hand, I walked out of the room making sure not to look at anybody, especially him, too scared, for some reason unknown to me alike those feelings I used to have made no sense.

Putting the cup on the nearest table I could find, I ran up the stairs straight into the bathroom grabbing a towel on my way in.

Inside, I rid myself of the clothes and got under the shower, and began to mentally open my closet, searching for an outfit for the occasion but, I could barely concentrate on it with his face popping up in my head and I felt myself having to catch my breath. That got me out of my reverie and I decreased the temperature of the water.

It's the hot water, I told myself.

Definitely not my heart trying to plunge its way out. No! Most definitely not!

In 5 minutes I was out of the shower.

Wrapping myself in the towel I opened the bathroom door only to step back seeing Ahana and Aunty there waiting for me in the room.

"What are you guys doing here?" I asked, a little taken aback by their presence inside my room.

"We don't have time to talk now baby. Go put these on." Aunty said as she shoved me back into the bathroom with a bunch of clothes which were my innerwear, a blouse, and an underskirt.

Deciding to listen to them this time remembering how well it ended up for me in the morning, I wore them all and walked out.

Seeing me back, these two got to work and draped this beautiful pink saree around me and pinned it on my shoulder. After they set the edges and creases one last time, Ahana moved to my hair and Aunty to the jewelry.

And as the dressing table was within my hand's reach, I did my face in the meantime. It wasn't much cause we were on a clock right now even though nobody was counting.

I did what I could and made myself look presentable.

In no time, we were all done and I swatched a little more of the lipstick on, patting it in as I told myself 'It's gonna be ok. It's gonna be ok.'

With a sigh, I let them lead me out of the room and down the stairs to the family room.

Every step we neared the place my heart started to beat louder and louder, I felt it in my ears and beads of sweat trickled down my back and palms. I tried to reassure myself like before but my face only got paler as we got closer.