Chapter 2

After classes, you and Saki had gone to the Mall

After classes, you and Saki had gone to the Mall. she wanted to get a new outfit for the party. You on the other had just wanted to go home. It wasn’t like you didn’t like going to the mall with Saki, it was more the thought of preparing to go to a party you didn’t want to. Plus you felt ugly next to Saki. she looked good in everything, and in your opinion, you did not.

Saki was lean and tall, she looked like a supermodel. Her hair was long and blonde and she usually wore half of it up and pulled to the side. Accessories were also common, things like berets and hair bobbles were probably Saki’s favourite things to wear. Her eyes were green and sparkled. You didn’t envy her though, the attention she got you knew you couldn’t handle.
As Saki had an eye for fashion so you usually let her pick the outfits. you tried on several but you didn’t really find one you liked. It wasn't that you were picky per se, it was more that you weren't used to wearing party clothes. but you supposed you would have to deal with it as the party was being held by probably the richest guy in your school, so you couldn’t exactly show up in jeans and a t-shirt.

there was one thing that caught your eye, it was a matching set for two people. one part was a black dress that had purple Chinese dragons on. The other was an open shirt with the same print. The shirt was styled with a black bra top, a black mini skirt and black combat boots. The dress had the same shoes styled with it too. In your opinion, it was pretty fashionable so you decided to show Saki.

“Hey Saki, what do you think of those outfits,” you said pointing to the display. Saki stood there for a moment in complete silence, you were afraid you did something wrong. That was until she squealed. “Oh my god, those are super cute. good job on finding them Y/n” she beamed. “We have to try them on,” Saki almost shouted. you agreed and grabbed the dress whilst she grabbed the shirt combo.  

it was in the changing rooms when you started to feel nervous again. it was no longer the feeling of being watched. no, this time it was a feeling that is arguably worse. it was the feeling that something was going to go horribly wrong tonight. Once again you shrugged it off but made a mental note to go see a therapist. you picked up the dress and looked at it. you noticed that I had a cut out in it that would show a little cleavage. you didn’t mind it you thought it was quite cute so you put it on. it looked rather flattering on you, well you thought so. The dress was a little shorter than you would normally wear but once again you didn’t mind that. it was definitely something Saki would wear so you were pretty sure Saki would love it.

you walked out of the changing rooms confidently, well that was until you saw quite a few other people there. you never did have great people skills, and your fear of being judged was always quite high.

“Y/n” Saki screamed, causing all the people's eyes to go to her and then to you. you kinda wanted to slap her, but you knew she would slap you back, so you didn’t. Saki Ran up to you and squeezed you so hard you could barely breathe. “you look so Hot” Saki said loudly. you smiled whilst nervously making eye contact with all the people looking at the pair of you. “quickly get changed so we can buy them” Saki said
without another word, Saki had pushed you back into the changing room and closed the curtain.

As asked you started to change back into your regular clothes. you were glad Saki liked the clothes, it made you happy to know you made your best friend happy. you were honestly unsure of what you would do without her as you had been friends for as long as you could remember.

The clothes were expensive as expected, which made you feel bad when Saki insisted she pays for yours as well. Both Saki and Yuri’s parents were rich and had plenty of money to spare, but that didn’t make you feel any better. Saki and Yuri were always buying you things, even when you didn’t ask. birthdays were the worst as you knew you could never spend the same amount of money on theirs. you didn’t have rich parents, you lived alone and made your own income by working in a local coffee shop. This was the same coffee shop you were heading to now. Saki was no longer with you as she had a tennis lesson. so you decided to get some coffee alone

 so you decided to get some coffee alone