Chapter 3

You had planned to stay in the café for a while but on entry, you saw someone you didn't want to, your ex. Another reason was one of the guys he was sitting with, you didn't particularly want to see him, either. You weren't too sure of his name. It was something like Oh Sangwoo. All you could think of was that he was popular and the guy that was staring at you this morning. A chill ran down your spine thinking about this morning's lesson Whilst you joined the queue to get your coffee. You were now going to get it to go.

Your main focus was not on what coffee you were getting, it was making sure Hak-Kun, your ex, didn't see you. However, that proved to be rather difficult as the queue ran through the middle of the store, and you couldn't exactly hide.

It was your turn to pick up your order, and you luckily hadn't been spotted, but that, unfortunately, was about to change. Just as you collected your coffee, you heard Hak-Kun call your name. Your colleague who was serving you rolled her eyes at the Voice and mouthed the words good luck. You turned around and plastered a fake smile on your face. This was one of the times you wished Saki was with you, as you knew that She would have been able to find you a way out of this situation real quick. But alas, she is not here, so you had to find your own excuse.

Sangwoo's Point of view

I watched as y/n walked up to our table, smiling, but I didn't quite reach her eyes. Hak-Kun had called her over. I remember months back, him and y/n dated, but he cheated on her.  Her eyes were filled with a mixture of annoyance and fear. I could only wonder whether it was me striking said fear. As she is fully aware that I was staring at her in class.

Hak-Kun stood up and hugged her. She, however, stood there stiff and uncomfortable. "So, y/n, are you going to Chang-Ho's party tonight?" Hak-Kun asked. I was 99% certain Hak-Kun knew the answer to that question but was trying to weasel his way into y/n's plans. It was obvious to me and probably a lot of the other guys that Hak-Kun still liked y/n even though he had a girlfriend. But he has always been like that; non-committal or a player.

"Yes, I am." y/n smiled falsely at Hak-Kun. It was very obvious to me that she was avoiding eye contact with me. But I had many ways to change that. "Do you want to go together, y/n? '' Hak-Kun asked, with a sly smile on his face. "No, thank you, me and Saki are going together," y/n answered politely. However, despite y/n's best efforts, Hak-Kun continued, so I decided this was my chance to step in. "Are you sure-" "Hak-Kun shut it, she has made it very clear she doesn't want to go with you, so stop hassling the poor girl," I said, smiling at y/n. Y/n's attention was now on me and our gazes locked. She looked relieved to be out of that situation and the fear seemed to be no longer there, or she was good at hiding it.

"Sangwoo doesn't know what he is talking about, why don't you sit with us, y/n," Hak-Kun asked. I rolled my eyes at this. "Actually, I have somewhere to be, I just came in to get a coffee" y/n declined. "I'll see you all later, goodbye,'' she said before walking off. Before leaving, she gave me one more smile, it was probably a thank you, as she knows she owes me now. How she pays me back can be determined later.

Your Point of view:

You sighed a sigh of relief when you exited the coffee shop. You were glad that conversation didn't go on any longer. You were also thankful that Sangwoo stepped in. it is possible that you misjudged Sangwoo. Is it possible that it was a wrong place, wrong time situation where he just so happened to be looking at you when you turned around? I must have just been really paranoid, you chuckled slightly. Sangwoo seems like such a nice guy.

You took this as your time to home, there was still a long while till the party, but you were exhausted from all the socializing. So going home and having a nap was probably in your best interests.