Lost Time

It wasn't long before the volleyball game ended, the trio's team being the winning one. Shoyo told Haruno and Hanta to go on without him as he would follow Kageyama back to his home. Haruno had made snarky gay jokes, to which Shoyo reacted with a furious huff and turned around.

"Just come back soon, hermano!" Hanta laughed, waving goodbye to a frustrated Shoyo who stomped off angrily.

Haruno was cackling, holding her stomach as large gasps and wheezes escaped her mouth.

"Wanna go get something to eat?" Hanta asked, once Haruno had stopped laughing.

"Sure, as long as you're paying." Haruno grinned at Hanta.

"Wow, gold-digger much?" Hanta chuckled, playfully nudging Haruno in the shoulder.

"Whatever. Just don't pick a shitty place like last time, or else I'm bailing you." Haruno stuck out her tongue at Hanta.

"Pft, okay, little miss prick." Hanta smiled at Haruno and flicked her forehead playfully.

"Now, onward to food!" Haruno declared dramatically, making Hanta laugh and snort at her enthusiasm.

Both of them began to march towards the nearest shop and quickly purchased some food.

"Let's wait for hermano." Hanta decided and Haruno nodded in agreement, chewing on her onigiri.

Hanta and Haruno sat on the nearest bench and rested their legs, eating some of the food they had purchased while also leaving some for Shoyo.

"This is nice, ya know?" Haruno spoke up.

"In what way, hermana?" Hanta asked, looking at Haruno with a small side-glance.

"This, in general. It feels nice not to be running away from villains or have a sort of dreaded feeling of being hunted down." Haruno said, waving her hand around.

Hanta laughed with amusement, "That's for sure."

"But it also feels nice to have caught up with Shoyo, right?" Haruno added.

Hanta nodded in agreement. It did feel nice to catch up with old friends. After all, the trio had been separated since they were children. Now that they've met up and have caught up with each other, it felt really nice to finally be able to hug each other, to at least be able to talk to each other.

"Just sad that we're gonna be leaving soon..." Haruno quietly added and slumped in her seat, the onigiri in her hands suddenly looking unappetizing to her in a snap.

Hanta looked at Haruno with a small frown. He sighed and ruffled her hair affectionately, "Lighten up, hermana. Let's enjoy the moment we have for now, alright? Besides, I got hermano's contact so we can still talk."

Haruno softly smiled, "Yeah, guess so."

"Hey guys!!" Shoyo called out, suddenly running up to the duo as he laughed.

"Hermano! Hurry up! We were about to leave you!" Hanta laughed back, waving his arm up and down.

Haruno sat up and smiled at Shoyo brightly. It didn't matter if the time they had was so short. It didn't matter if they would leave each other eventually. So long as they had this amount of time. So long as they still had each other. It wouldn't bother Haruno. Because she was with her family. And that's what mattered to her.

~--------------------~

Heya there!! Sorry for being inactive for so long. I've been busy working on two other pieces and quite recently, I've gotten into using the AO3 website!

This story may not receive daily updates, but I can assure you this story will not be dropped at all. If for whatever reason the updates take a little too long, it's probably because I'm working on the two other pieces for AO3. That's all, bye lovelies!!

- Author-chan :3