1

Kris moved onward

they were only vaguely aware of their surroundings as he walked the halls of the empty school. They had long since tuned out the actions and senses that flooded them.

They had only really been controlled for two days but with the thing resetting time it must have been months.

The days blurred together for they were but a puppet, in the end the only memories that stood out were things he didn't want to think about.

"...Kris," Susie said, They saw her standing in front of him wearing a soft expression. She was was bigger then them and her shap teeth gave of a menacing aura but they knew she just needed to warm up to people.
She was their first close friend since Asriel left for college, but they didn't know if they could call her a friend since they had bonded under the thing's control.

"Let's go back there tomorrow" Susie said, after that she left.
Those word had once had them happy but now the repetition had made it lost all meaning.

———
They trekked to the edge of town into the forest, he arrived at a rusty old bunker.
Garbled noise softly spilled out, if Kris listened closely he could it almost sounded like overlapping whispers.

The thing always came here. It was anticipating something, but it never came.
So it stared stared at the door and Kris looked with it.

...Nothing happened.

They then left and wandered through town talking to everyone in every way.
It made them uncomfortable forcibly saying words when they were usually silent.

As it made their way home he stopped at noelle's house.
They use to be close when they were younger but now the seem distant after what happened to dess but Kris was still fond of her.
They talked, mostly about Susie, and seeing her only reminded Kris of .... ice, they quickly pushed this thought away and was piloted home.

It talked to their mom before going to bed, tomorrow would be the same as yesterday and so on.

They drifted off.

———
They woke up
Something was different, he could feel something squirming and thumping in his chest and... he was himself.

In a fleeting moment of control he quickly tore the thing pretending to be their soul out, it was firm and fleshy but didn't bleed and looks like pure light.
They threw in his little bird cage.

They smiled, for so long he despaired at    
forever being controlled in a dizzyingly predictable loop

But now he was himself.